OML 9 pre_action, post_action auto granting certs issue (643 Views)
Advisor
Kristopher Hornsleth
Message 1 of 3 (643 Views)
Accepted Solution

OML 9 pre_action, post_action auto granting certs issue

[ Edited ]

I am relatively new to OML and am trying to incorporate automation into my environment.  My primary goals are auto granting certificates, assigning nodes to node groups, and deploying policies associated with the node groups.  I posted a similar question the other day and was fortunately pointed towards a document called "OMU agents using clone images".  This document is helpful, but I am having issues getting the pre and post actions working when the cert is granted.  I am able to get both scripts to run but the commands I have inserted into the post action script don't do what's expected.

These are the relevant commands in the post action script:

/opt/OV/bin/OpC/utils/opcnode -assign_node group_name=mygroup node_name=<Nodename> net_type=NETWORK_IP

/opt/OV/bin/OpC/opcragt -distrib <Nodename>

These commands should add ny node to my group and deploy the policies associated with it.  The info in the system.txt log was not helpful to me, but I have attached it in case it helps.

Thanks for your help,

Kris

Honored Contributor
Goran Koruga
Message 2 of 3 (631 Views)

Re: OML 9 pre_action, post_action auto granting certs issue

Hello.

So if I understand correctly, opcnode works, but distributing policies fails.  Is this right?

How is node added to the database?

Are you sure the certificate is installed on the node?  Verify with (run this on the node in question):

ovcert -list

ovcert -check

Are all the processes running on the node? There is an error about the certificate request, so verify its details:

ovcm -listPending -l

opccsa -list_pending_cr

Regards,

Goran

Advisor
Kristopher Hornsleth
Message 3 of 3 (625 Views)

Re: OML 9 pre_action, post_action auto granting certs issue

I resolved my own issue.  As it turns out my shell script was created in a windows machine and not converted to unix before copying to the server.  

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.