OM9 server with sudo on Linux (86 Views)
Honored Contributor
Jeroen Peereboom
Message 1 of 2 (86 Views)

OM9 server with sudo on Linux

L.S.

probably I am not allowed root-access anymore on *my* OM server when migrating from Solaris to Linux. I am not sure about the agent, but I expect troubles here too. Can the agent run as non-root on the management server while the server processes are running as root?

HP does not support running the management server as non-root. I have an Enhancement Request for that, but only filed it a week ago.

So I think I have to make an explicit list of commands for use with sudo.

Anyone having such a list? It is quite long, I assume.

Some of these commands are indirectly executed by OVO tools we wrote ourselves (for example to allow the customer to add / remove a node) using the Java GUI.

Anyone having hints on changing permissions of files and / or directories to be able to read / write logfiles and so on?

Of course, this is very tricky and I'd rather not change permissions of executables (which usually won't work).

JP.

Please use plain text.
Esteemed Contributor
J. Maestre
Message 2 of 2 (40 Views)

Re: OM9 server with sudo on Linux

Just a guess here, but considering that both the OM server processes and the OM agent on the management server are controlled by ovcd (which will be running as root as it's a requirement for the OM server processes) I don't think you can set the agent to run as other non-root user.

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation