OM9 - AdminUI login failure - causes adminui server process to die (259 Views)
Honored Contributor
David Gerrish
Message 1 of 3 (259 Views)

OM9 - AdminUI login failure - causes adminui server process to die

FYI

If you are using OM9 with the PAM authentication, so that the login process for the adminui is taken from the unix account level, then be aware of this:

If your unix password is close to expiry (presumably prompting you of this when you login, however on our system using ssh it doesn't tell me about the impending password expiry, so the problem is masked), the adminui login process seems to fail - despite your login being valid.

The server adminui process then seems to abort/die.

It looks like the password expiry warning/prompt is preventing the login to the adminui and promptly kills the adminui process.

If you change your unix password and re-try the login it's fine.  Just make sure you have restarted the adminui process.

This may be specific to this environment, but i thought I would share this information here in case others have the same issue.

Regards

Dave

protocolsoftware.com

protocolsoftware.com
Advisor
lprice3
Message 2 of 3 (171 Views)

Re: OM9 - AdminUI login failure - causes adminui server process to die

Thanks for posting this,  I just ran into this issue.  I had opened a case with HP and we were about to start tracing and I found your post and tried it.   Working now even though I had 2 weeks to change my password.

LeRoy

Honored Contributor
David Gerrish
Message 3 of 3 (166 Views)

Re: OM9 - AdminUI login failure - causes adminui server process to die

Yes it's a pain, it seems to be when unix is reminding you your password will expire soon - so I guess in your case it's 2 weeks.  The strange thing is, I don't get any warning of that when logging in via ssh.

Another bug HP need to fix.

Regards,

Dave

HP Operations Manager help, consultancy & training at

protocolsoftware.com
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.