OM not forwarding events to OMi... (576 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Gerry David
Message 1 of 6 (576 Views)

OM not forwarding events to OMi...

This was working prior to getting OPR service assigned to the DPS. OPR was not assigned during the install, and we had to perform the assignment manually thru the JMX Console. I've followed the trouble-shooting guidelines in the install guide, (ovc -status, ovcert -check, ovcert -list, bbcutil -ping) all of these commands returned data successfully. ON the OM side, there hasn't been any changes as well. Policy is still intact. We also restarted the service.

Don't know what else to check why OM stopped forwarding messages, or OMi receiving messages for that matter.

Any ideas, anyone?
Honored Contributor
HaraldPfaender
Message 2 of 6 (576 Views)

Re: OM not forwarding events to OMi...

Hello,

on the OMI Server look in
\HPBAC\log\mercury_wde\

search for a opr-gateway.log and
opr-gateway-flowtrace.log files

The flowtrace should show you if messages arrive in OMi (OMW->OMi)
Occasional Visitor
Gerry David
Message 3 of 6 (576 Views)

I have opr-gateway-flowtrace on baretail. I don't see the OM events coming in, however when I perform a sendevents.bat it goes thru.
Honored Contributor
Drew Dimmick
Message 4 of 6 (576 Views)

you should check the mgrconf on the OM side.. it's possible that something broke there - including name resolution or some other item.
I do "Windows"
Honored Contributor
HaraldPfaender
Message 5 of 6 (576 Views)

Hello,

normally you should also get a critical message in case OM cannot forward the message.

Try redeploy/modify the "server based flexible management policy" and look if you get a critical message.

Visitor
Monica_1
Message 6 of 6 (569 Views)

Hi all,

We are having exactly the same problem. How do you resolve the problem? the communication looks to be working when running the commands. Events are received in OMW and OMi when generated separately. But the OMW events are not syncronized into OMi. Any ideas about which one could be the problem?

The events don´t arrive to Omi this is for sure. But we have no critical events saying that the agent is unable to forward the events to Omi.

Thank you very much & best regards,

Mónica. 

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.