Re: OM-SM Integration Issue (446 Views)
Regular Advisor
priya80
Message 1 of 9 (462 Views)

OM-SM Integration Issue

Hi Experts,

Need your kind attention  on the following issue.

We have OMW 9.0 integrated with SM 9.21. Now, the concern here is that, the scevents. from file under the HP SCAuto Installation directory in OM Server is increasing in size , thereby causing the following issue :

Ideally, when an alert in OMW is acknowledged(manually/automatically) , the subsequent ticket in SM should be auto-closed. This is happening smoothly as long as the scevents from file is less than 5MB. The moment the size increased, the behaviour(auto-closure of tickets) get affected at SM end.

Can we keep a check on this file-size increase ? Might be some action to recreate the file once it reaches a particular size.

Your help on this will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance :)

Regards,

Priya

Honored Contributor
m_vidyasagar
Message 2 of 9 (446 Views)

Re: OM-SM Integration Issue

You need to increase eventlogmaxlen paramater in the scito.ini file ..

For more details refer the SCAuto Installation and Configuration Guide ..

- Vidyasagar Machani -

Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. -- Benjamin Franklin
Honored Contributor
ramesh9
Message 3 of 9 (435 Views)

Hello Priya

If you want to monitor file size you can write a script to monitor the file size and put the script in a monitor or threshold policy in OM

And once the file size limit is reached you can generate a message to OM console and call an auto-action to copy scevents file to a backup file and recreate scevents file with zero size.

Hope that helps.

Best Regards

Ramesh Hari

Regular Advisor
priya80
Message 4 of 9 (426 Views)

Hi Ramesh,

Thank you so much for the suggestion. I need help on the following :

Point Number 1: Can I use the Measurement Threshold Policy for this purpose? What should be the threshold value to be set for this?

Point Number  2: I need help on this. Which policy to be used and what should be the auto-action?

Novice questions, but it would be a good learning for me.

Thanks in advance :)

Regards,

Priya

Honored Contributor
ramesh9
Message 5 of 9 (417 Views)

Hello Priya

I am not sure on OMW since I work most on OMU.

Basically I feel either Measurement threshold or monitor policy would have a auto-action section where in you can call another script to take backup of original file and reduce its size.

Sorry could not help much on this.

Thanks

Ramesh Hari

Honored Contributor
m_vidyasagar
Message 6 of 9 (403 Views)

Hello Priya,

Recreating the scevents file every time after breaching the 5MB would lead to the loss of the events , I see that your environment has auto-close feature of the ticket in SM when the alert in OMW is acknowledged , this functionality would get affected ..

By default the events queue file size is 5MB , then try increasing the default size from 5MB to 10MB ..

I guess the below parameter would help you on the same..

eventlogmaxlen 

Hope you get better answer..

- Vidyasagar Machani -

Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. -- Benjamin Franklin
Regular Advisor
priya80
Message 7 of 9 (397 Views)

Hi,

Thanks a lot for this.

Looks like a good solution to the current issue. But what is going to happen once the file size reaches 10MB?

Do we have any setting which will automatically create new files once a size reaches the defined limit (without causing any damage to the incident-ticket flow) ?

Regards,

Priya

Honored Contributor
m_vidyasagar
Message 8 of 9 (389 Views)

create new files once a size reaches the defined limit  >>

I dont think you can re-create the event files straight away without bouncing the services , you need to stop the scauto service and then move the exising files , start the services...

I have seen SCAuto working properly even after crossing 10MB , surprised seeing @ your case.. !!

I would suggest to open a Support Case with HP , they could take it to the next level and get you the speedy resolution ..

- Vidyasagar Machani -

Regular Advisor
priya80
Message 9 of 9 (378 Views)

Hi All,

Thanks a lot for the suggestions.

Things are looking stable now.

Appreciate your quick responses.

Regards,

Priya

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.