Re: New Forums: HP Operations Manager Support Customer Forums ! (4712 Views)
Neighborhood Admin
BGroot
Message 1 of 25 (5,429 Views)

New Forums: HP Operations Manager Support Customer Forums !

[ Edited ]

Hi, 

We have heard requests from our customers to offer support via the community forums. After a successful pilot on our Service Manager product, we will be starting on June 1st with a Support Customer Forum for our HP Operations Manager for Unix product and for our HP Operations for Windows product.  Two new forums.

These forums will only be accessible to those customers who have a valid support contract. This is an additional service for those customers who have a valid support contract on these products.

We have created an automatic process, which will check if there is a valid support contract on logon to the community. It is essential that customers link a valid support contract to their HP Passport profile. We have attached a document which will explain linking a support contract to an HP Passport profile.    

Expect the following activities in the Support customer forum:

• Expert sessions on product related topics via short videos and the ability to ask questions related to the specific session ;
  • Tips and tricks;
  • Information which will improve users knowledge of HP Operations Manager for Unix/Windows products
  • Discussions with support experts.

We are also giving customers the possibility to request which activities they would like to see in this forum. 

Our expert team of HP Operations for Unix and HP Operations Manager for Windows Engineers will be actively monitoring these forums to answer questions. However there is no service level agreement regarding the response time from our engineers. Also the forums will not be monitored in the weekends. The engineers will make a best effort to respond to your questions.

We encourage customers to try out this method of support rather than placing a telephone call or logging an online ticket. We do realize there will be situations where a support call is necessary, where we need to do more research.

However, we are hoping that customers will use these forum to get information or help on HP Operations Manager Topics. 

As we look to the future, we believe this is a medium where we can provide quick support, share knowledge and help customers use the HP Operations Manager products to run their businesses optimally. 

We will still be monitoring the existing public Systems Management forum, but we will prioritize questions coming into this new forum from our customers that have a support contract.

The prerequisite in accessing this new forum will be a valid support contract. Once a valid support contract is linked to a users’ HP Passport account, access to HP Operations Manager for Unix Support Customer Forum & HP Operations Manager for Windows Support Customer Forum should be visible. If access is not granted, please send an email to swcommunity@hp.com and include the valid support contract number along with a company email address and the user’s screen name in the community. 

We hope we can use this forum to build a closer relationship and help build customers’ knowledge on the HP Operations Manager products.

For any questions or comments, please do not hesitate to ask via swcommunity@hp.com  or reply to this post. 

Greetings, 

The HP Software Support Team

Honored Contributor
KAKA_2
Message 2 of 25 (5,376 Views)

Re: New Forums: HP Operations Manager Support Customer Forums !

Opening ceremony and this is a flop show. I posted a question and 4 hour no answer and you sayyou will be monitoring this forum more actively????

I have SAID added in my profile too.

If I would have posted the same in existing public forum i would have received some answer for sure.
Neighborhood Admin
BGroot
Message 3 of 25 (5,360 Views)

Hi,

I apologize for the delay. We ran into a issue this morning. Sometimes this happens when you start new activities, but it is not correct and we will fix it.

I have seen that an engineer has got into a discussion with you on your question.

Greetings,

Bill

Honored Contributor
KAKA_2
Message 4 of 25 (4,730 Views)

Hi Bill,

Customer support forum is not accessible, even not visible. is there any issue?

-KAKA-

Neighborhood Admin
BGroot
Message 5 of 25 (4,726 Views)

Ok, I will check and get back to you.

Greetings,

Bill

Honored Contributor
Ram_21
Message 6 of 25 (4,724 Views)

Honored Contributor
KAKA_2
Message 7 of 25 (4,720 Views)

Hello Ram,

i just tried direct link you sent but getting this error.

Sorry, you do not have sufficient privileges for that action.

Please click the Back button on your browser.

I have tried with two different SAID and not accessible from both.

-KAKA-
Neighborhood Admin
BGroot
Message 8 of 25 (4,718 Views)

Hi Kaka,

I don't see any issues on my side. As you logged in? You need to be logged in to see the supprot customer forums. If you are still having issues please let me know and I will trouble shoot some more.

Greetings,

Bill

Honored Contributor
Ram_21
Message 9 of 25 (4,716 Views)

Hello

I have seen this error when the browser caches information and one of the ways I had recovered was by clearing out the cache and restarting the browser. This happens much more in IE than with Firefox for me as well!

May be that will do the trick for you.

Regards

Ram

Honored Contributor
KAKA_2
Message 10 of 25 (4,712 Views)

Hi Bill,

I still have the same issue. i checked my profile and click on edit System Handle. and i see my profile does not show any SAID in it. dont know suddenly where it disappeared.

and now starnge is that i can not even add a new SAID. i tried with three different SAID and it says input value is wrong.

So i think proble is on HP-Passport side.

-KAKA-

Neighborhood Admin
BGroot
Message 11 of 25 (4,709 Views)

Hi KaKa,

I noticed the same thing on my side, with my test user. I will contact the HP Passport team regarding this issue.

Apologize for the inconvenience.

Greetings,

Bill

Neighborhood Admin
BGroot
Message 12 of 25 (4,699 Views)

Hi Kaka,

There is an  issue with the entitlement and the team is working on resolving the issue.

I don't have a time line when this will be solved.

I will get back to you once I hear back from them.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

Greetings,

Bill

Neighborhood Admin
BGroot
Message 13 of 25 (4,688 Views)

Hi Kaka,

The Entitlement service issue has been resolved. You should be able to access the support customer forum now.

Greetings,

Bill

Honored Contributor
Norm Diederich
Message 14 of 25 (4,368 Views)

What is the link for OMU/OML support forum

Thanks,

Norm

Neighborhood Admin
BGroot
Message 15 of 25 (4,352 Views)

Hi Norm,

When you go to the Systems Management (OpenView-OP Mgmt) category you should see the support customer forums for

Operations manager for Unix and Operations Manager for Windows.

This is only accessible if you have a valid support contract tied to your HP Passport profile as I have explained in a previous post.

Here are the direct links:

Operations Manager for Unix Support Customer Forum

Operations Manager for Windows Support Customer Forum

As these are limited access forums, you will be asked to login ( if you aren't already logged in).

For an overview of all the support customer forums that are available see this post .

Hope this helps.

Greetings,

Bill

Honored Contributor
sekar sundaram
Message 16 of 25 (4,337 Views)

Hi Bill, 

The new forums are good, super cool...  

i wasnt active for some months due to office works... will be active henceforth....

Regards,

Sekar

Neighborhood Admin
BGroot
Message 17 of 25 (4,325 Views)

Thanks Sekar.

If you have any suggestions how we can improve the forums, then please let me know.

Greetings,

Bill

Honored Contributor
Jeroen Peereboom
Message 18 of 25 (4,049 Views)

Bill,

It would be nice if this Customer forum is accessible say at least 1 month after expiration of the support contract involved. Somehow my support contracts were not renewed in time (due to HP or my own department dealing with contracts) and I was cut off from the customer support forum.

JP.

Neighborhood Admin
BGroot
Message 19 of 25 (4,031 Views)

Hi Jeroen,

I am sorry you are experiencing this.

We check the entitlement every time you login to the community through HP Passport.
I would need to discuss this with the entitlement team.

In the mean time I will send you a private message to help you regain access the the support customer forums.

Greetings,

Bill

Honored Contributor
Jeroen Peereboom
Message 20 of 25 (4,019 Views)

Bill,

access was restored a few days ago, but 1) maybe other people have the same problem and 2) I may have the same problem next year.

Greetings,

Jeroen P.

Trusted Contributor
David Barrington
Message 21 of 25 (3,745 Views)

Same here.  When our support contracts were being renegotiated a year ago, I was cut off from using forums, patches, support calls and everything else for a whole month.  We've been a customer long enough for HP not to treat us like that - the system must change.

David
Neighborhood Admin
BGroot
Message 22 of 25 (3,739 Views)

Hi David,

Thanks for the feedback. I will address this with the specific team to see what can be done during negotiation phase of a support contract.

Greetings,

Bill

Occasional Visitor
DanielMinchev
Message 23 of 25 (3,271 Views)

Hello, can you give me sufficient rights to access OMW forum ?

Neighborhood Admin
BGroot
Message 24 of 25 (3,263 Views)

Hi,

Did you add your SAID ( Support Agreement ID) to your HP Passport profile? The specific forum is  only accessible to Support customers, HP Partners and HP personal. The forum is being monitored by support engineers.

For more information on how the support customer forums and how to add your support agreement to your HP Passport profile see here.

Greetings,

Bill

Advisor
wlinn
Message 25 of 25 (2,917 Views)

HP has, in the past, not been able to tie my ID in passport to SAID's for customers, how are they going to do this, if they cannot do that?

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.