Re: Monitoring services started by NNMi ovjboss process (219 Views)
Trusted Contributor
Dan Allbritton
Message 1 of 4 (366 Views)

Monitoring services started by NNMi ovjboss process

Is anyone monitoring the services started by the NNMi ovjboss process? I have a process monitor policy for the four processes started by the ovstart command (OVsPMD, pmd, nmsdbmgr, ovjboss) but would like to know if the ovjboss services (e.g. CustomPoller, StatePoller, etc.) are running.

The only thing I can think of is to execute an 'ovstatus -v ovjboss' command redirected to a file and monitor the logfile for 'not running.'

Thanks,
Dan
Honored Contributor
Atakan Ucar
Message 2 of 4 (366 Views)

Re: Monitoring services started by NNMi ovjboss process

Hi,
There are many ways for this. For the easiest one, schedule the following single-line command to send an opcmsg when a process is not started. Last, you must define an OMI policy to intercept this message.

ovstatus -v ovjboss |find "Service"|find /i /v "Service is started" && IF %ERRORLEVEL% == 0 opcmsg a=HPNNM o=Process s=critical msg_text="at least one NNM process not running"
Honored Contributor
Atakan Ucar
Message 3 of 4 (366 Views)

If you also want to see which process is not started then use the following approach:
Schedule the command on NNM server:

ovstatus -v ovjboss > c:\temp\nnm.txt

Create a logfile policy to view c:\temp\nnm.txt to match the pattern:

Service is

Policy should "Read from the beginning(always)". Then define the correlation as your wish.

Regards
Occasional Visitor
SoBeHaLL
Message 4 of 4 (219 Views)

What do you do if the services just don't show up at all?  Sending the ovstatus -v ovjboss > c:\ovjbossresults.txt will be useless ... right now my ovjboss is only displaying 5 services, and NNMi is absolutely useless ... I've tried everything to get the full list of services back but to no avail.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.