Re: Migrating the HP OM application to fail over cluster (78 Views)
Advisor
kgopiramesh
Message 1 of 4 (118 Views)
Accepted Solution

Migrating the HP OM application to fail over cluster

Hi,

We are monitoring 1000 nodes using the OMw stand alone server, The management server version is 9.0 and the server is in production.

kindly help us to migrate this server to fail over cluster ( i.e installing another HP OM application and making the nodes to reported to this duplicate server once the original management server is down )

please provide the documentation on how to do the same and also please provide the documentation to setup manager of managers environment for this production OM server

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
Carlos_Pinto
Message 2 of 4 (108 Views)

Re: Migrating the HP OM application to fail over cluster

Hello,

Please refer to the:

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM996628

and download the file:

OMW9.0_InstallationMigration.zip

Please select the options of what you wish to achieve.

Please make sure you always backup your server before any change during this process.

Hope this information helps.

Thanks and Regards,

Carlos Pinto

HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

If you liked it I would appreciate KUDOs.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
kgopiramesh
Message 3 of 4 (78 Views)

Hi pinto,

Thank you so much for reply.

I want to change this stand alone setup to fail over cluster setup by amending one more server to it instead of installing the HP OM in cluster enviroment and migrating the data.

Kindly let me know how to achieve the same.

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
Carlos_Pinto
Message 4 of 4 (75 Views)

Hello,

You mention that:

" I want to change this stand alone setup to fail over cluster setup by amending one more server to it instead of installing the HP OM in cluster enviroment and migrating the data.

Kindly let me know how to achieve the same."

From the provided documentation there is no reference to this possibility or option, so the advise is follow what is documented by HP manuals once this is the correct approach.

Hope this information helps.

Thanks and Regards,

Carlos Pinto

HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

If you liked it I would appreciate KUDOs.

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation