Measurement Threshold Policy Properties (142 Views)
Occasional Advisor
alikayim
Message 1 of 3 (142 Views)
Accepted Solution

Measurement Threshold Policy Properties

Hello,

We are using OMW 9.0.

I checked all of the measurement threshold policies but i didn't see any duplicate message.Is it normal?

Fow example,i have a disk capacity monitor policy.And i want to take duplicate message when the critical alert came,every 5 minutes.Is it possible?

Because alert comes one time.And after a day it  acknowledges automatically.So  sometimes our customers  can't catch critical alerts.

I want to learn this detail.

Kind Regards

Ali

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
Dilyan
Message 2 of 3 (119 Views)

Re: Measurement Threshold Policy Properties

Hello Ali ,

In order to get duplicate messages for Measurement Threshold policy you need to configure Continue Action.

Continue actions are carried out at each polling interval if the start action of the rule was carried out at a previous polling interval, and the reset value is not reached.

Open one Measurement Threshold policy > move to Rules tab > Select a rule for which you would like to get a duplicate message > click Modify button on the right hand side > new dialog window opens up ,move to Actions tab > Select again a rule for which you want to get duplicate message and click Modify button > new dialog window opens up ,move to Continue Actions tab > check “ Use the specified ‘Start Action’ ” >Save and redeploy the policy.

This way you will get a duplicate messages on each polling interval until the reset value is reached.

For more detailed information you may want also to take a look at OMW Online Help:

http://update.external.hp.com/HPSoftware/ONLINE_HELP/OMW9.00_Online_Help.pdf

Please have a look at topic “Configure continue actions in measurement threshold policies” on page 747.

Best Regards ,

Dilyan

Regards,
Dilyan Angelov

HP Support
If you find this or any post resolves your issue ,please make sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you liked the reply then please show this with KUDOs.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
alikayim
Message 3 of 3 (97 Views)

Re: Measurement Threshold Policy Properties

Hello Dilyan,

Thank you very much for your help.I tried this solution and i found what i want.

Kind Regards,
Ali
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation