Re: Installing HPOM in an HP ServiceGuard Cluster Environment (571 Views)
Advisor
wadi3
Message 1 of 3 (630 Views)
Accepted Solution

Installing HPOM in an HP ServiceGuard Cluster Environment

Hi am installing OMU 9.1 for HP-UX 11i v3 on HP Integrity in a decoupled environment.

i have installed HPOM on the first cluster node and when i start installing HPOM on the second node i had an error on Cluster preconfiguration :

Cluster preconfiguration . . . . . . . . . . . . ERROR:   Cannot create symbolic link for Oracle shared library
         /omudb/appl/oracle/product/lib32/libnnz11.so does not exist.
ERROR:   Cannot create symbolic link for Oracle shared library
         /omudb/appl/oracle/product/lib/libclntsh.so does not exist.
ERROR:   Cannot find DB Administration Tool (sqlplus).
ERROR:   Cannot determine Oracle version, setting it to 11.1.0
FAILED

i have oracle installed on a shared disk (oracle binaries) and the client is installed on the 2 local nodes as described in the installatio manual and i have the 2 packages (omu package and oracle pkg) up and runing on the first cluster node.

is there anyone who had faced that kind of installation before, so he could help me with this issue?

Occasional Advisor
itzika
Message 2 of 3 (626 Views)

Re: Installing HPOM in an HP ServiceGuard Cluster Environment

Hi there,

why you choose to install the oracle binaries on the shared disk?

i think it'll better for you to install the oracle binaries on the local disk of every node, and the oracle data will be on the shared disk.

in this kind of installation you'll install the OMU on the first node, and the installation will create everything the OMU need on the DB, and when you'll install the OMU on the second node - the installation will already have a DB, so it will not attempt to create from scretch.

in your situation - i think you should check the credentials you gave the installing user on the shared disk.

also - your shared disk in a storage disk mapped to the server? NFS disk? 

good day,

itzik.

"let's get it on..."

itzik.
Advisor
wadi3
Message 3 of 3 (571 Views)

Re: Installing HPOM in an HP ServiceGuard Cluster Environment

Hello everybody,

the problem was solved and it was in relation with oracle client installation.

in this kind of HPOM installation (decoupled mode with oracle installed on a shared disk), the oracle client must be installed using Administrator or Runtime mode.

the error was that the oracle client was installed using Instant Client.

once the installation in the first node finished, you have to apply the tasks described on page 289 in the document  OMU9.10_HPUX_Installation

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.