Installing HP OM Agent on OpenVMS Systems / How to Install OM Agents on OpenVMS systems (392 Views)
Frequent Advisor
Rajesh_K
Message 1 of 4 (392 Views)
Accepted Solution

Installing HP OM Agent on OpenVMS Systems / How to Install OM Agents on OpenVMS systems

[ Edited ]

Hi Folks,

Can someone help me how to install OM Agents on OpenVMS systems, could someone help me with some Documents or procedures to install.

Thanks,

---Rajesh
Honored Contributor
sekar sundaram
Message 2 of 4 (372 Views)

Re: Installing HP OM Agent on OpenVMS Systems / How to Install OM Agents on OpenVMS systems

Hi Rajesh, 

Please check this one.. 

http://h71000.www7.hp.com/openvms/products/openvms_ovo_agent/

i am not sure how to install OM Agent on OpenVMS. i think it should be done by Infrastructure SPI. 

http://h71000.www7.hp.com/openvms/products/openvms_ovo_agent/troubleshooting_ops_manager.pdf

Frequent Advisor
Rajesh_K
Message 3 of 4 (335 Views)

Re: Installing HP OM Agent on OpenVMS Systems / How to Install OM Agents on OpenVMS systems

Thanks sekar sundaram, 

But i found this links earlier but iam not getting appropiate wat of installing agents on those servers

is there  any doc where it shows steps for installing and all 

Thanks,

---Rajesh
HP Expert
BeatrizR
Message 4 of 4 (327 Views)

Hi Rajesh,

The second link Sekar sent you contains a chapter about how to install the agent on OpenVMS: "Installation of HTTPS Managed Nodes".

To manage an OpenVMS system from an Operations Manager Server, complete the following tasks on both the Operations Manager Server system and on the OpenVMS systems before you install the software:

• Verifying the Prerequisites on an OpenVMS System

• Configuring the Operations Manager Server

Then, you can install the agent following these steps:

1. Log in to the SYSTEM account on the OpenVMS managed node.
2. Uninstall OpenVMS DCE agents and OSSPI on the OpenVMS managed node if you have installed the software previously.
3. Create a temporary directory on an ODS-5 disk to copy the installation files.
4. FTP the OVO8-V0800-x-AXP.EXE or OVO8-V0800-x-I64.EXE installation file from Operations Manager Server on UNIX to the temporary directory.
5. To extract the installation files, run OVO8-V0800-x-AXP.EXE (for Alpha) or OVO8-V0800-x-I64.EXE (for Integrity servers).
6. Start the installation by entering the following command: $ @opc_inst -srv <management-server-name> -cert_srv <certificate-server-name>
7. Add the following line to the LOGIN.COM script: $ @SYS$STARTUP:OVO8$DEFINE.COM
8. To install the certificates manually, follow these steps:

a. Set the installation type to MANUAL by entering the following command: $ ovconfchg -ns sec.cm.client -set "CERTIFICATE_DEPLOYMENT_TYPE" "MANUAL"
b. Check if ovcoreid is set by entering the following command: $ ovcoreid -show.If ovcoreid is not set, the following message will be displayed: INFO: No OvCoreId is set.
c. If ovcoreid is not set, create the ovcoreid by entering the following command: $ ovcoreid -create.An error message "ERROR: No input stream" will be displayed that can be ignored.
d. To check whether the settings are correct, run ovconfget certificate.
e. Log in to the Operations Manager Server on UNIX as a root user and add the "coreid" of OpenVMS managed node manually to the Operations Manager Server by entering the following command: #/opt/OV/bin/OpC/utils/opcnode -chg_id node_name= <OpenVMS_managed_node> id=<coreid_of_the_managed_node>
To obtain the coreid enter the following command on the OpenVMS managed node: $ ovcoreid -show
f. Create a signed certificate and the corresponding private key for a specific managed node manually using the opccsacm command line tool. You must provide a password to encrypt the created data. Password length must be 8 characters only: #/opt/OV/bin/OpC/opccsacm -issue -file <cert_file_name> -name <managed_node_name> -coreid <coreid_of_managed_node>
g. Transfer the certificate file in a secure mode that is created to the OpenVMS managed node.
h. On the OpenVMS managed node, import the certificate using the ovcert command line tool. Specify the same password used in step e when requested. To import the certificate, enter the following command: $ ovcert -importcert -file cert_mgd_node
i. Run ovconfchg by entering the following command: $ OVCONFCHG
j. After installation, delete the certificate file from the managed node and the Operations Manager Server on UNIX.

Further details are contained in the HTTPS Agent Configuration and Troubleshooting Guide provided by Sekar.

Let us know if you have questions about this.

Best regards,

Beatriz

HP Support
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please make sure to mark it as an "Accepted as Solution".
If you liked the reply then please show this with KUDOs
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.