InfraSPI - Performance monitors 1111/1113 (427 Views)
Frequent Advisor
Fefers
Message 1 of 5 (427 Views)

InfraSPI - Performance monitors 1111/1113

hey experts, I hope you are doing fine!

quick one..

The monitor for Swap, CPU and Memory are enabled. Short-term peaks is setup for 3hrs with reset.

So, if I have a performance bottleneck above the threshold for more than 3 hours, the alert will raise..

based on that, is it possible to add in the message the process' name that is hanging the system?

how can I do that?

thanks in advance guys!

Honored Contributor
m_vidyasagar
Message 2 of 5 (327 Views)

Re: InfraSPI - Performance monitors 1111/1113

Not sure if I understood your query !!

In the Message String you have already Top 10 memory hogging processes , so why again you explicitly need the process name which is hanging the system ?!!

- Vidyasagar Machani -

Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. -- Benjamin Franklin
Frequent Advisor
Fefers
Message 3 of 5 (323 Views)

The idea is to add the process name into annotation tab, or message text. Depends on process, the command center escalates it to a process owner team (application, middleware, OS, DB team, etc)..

Honored Contributor
m_vidyasagar
Message 4 of 5 (314 Views)

So you need to capture only the First Process from the Top 10 Processes , so that you can use it for Annotation ?

- Vidyasagar Machani -

Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. -- Benjamin Franklin
Honored Contributor
m_vidyasagar
Message 5 of 5 (313 Views)

If yes, then you need to modify the DisplayTopHoggingProcess sub-routine ..!! Create a new variable to capture only the First Array of the ProcessList . Re-Use the same in the Annotation tab..

- Vidyasagar Machani -

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.