Re: How to omit the Collections of unwanted CI or Nodes in SHR Data collection (352 Views)
Frequent Advisor
sunilts
Message 1 of 4 (365 Views)

How to omit the Collections of unwanted CI or Nodes in SHR Data collection

Hello experts,

I have SHR installed and going to configure the RTSM as topology for CI discovery.

Our BSM is integrated with SCOM and OMi. We want reports  for only Servers added in OMW. Is there any way we can omit the Scom CI from collection discovery.?

Please let me anyone has done this configuration and troubleshooting.

Thanks,

Sunil Suresh

Honored Contributor
m_vidyasagar
Message 2 of 4 (355 Views)

Re: How to omit the Collections of unwanted CI or Nodes in SHR Data collection

As far as I know the CI's which got discovered in RTSM will be discovered in the SHR ..

Hope you get the better answer ..

- Vidyasagar Machani -

Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. -- Benjamin Franklin
Frequent Advisor
sunilts
Message 3 of 4 (352 Views)

Hello Vidyasagar,

Yeah I know by default what and all CI are discovers in RTSM it will reflect in SHR. i need a trick to start collection and update SHR inventory with my node text file which is having limited CI No.

the difficulty here is as there is no way to delete the CI /domination  list from database and i will allowed to see the all the discovers nodes in inventory. So is there any alternate way to achieve with the task in SHR.?

Thanks,

Honored Contributor
m_vidyasagar
Message 4 of 4 (334 Views)

I dont see the options which you are looking out for in the existing SHR Version .. 

All I can think of is to disable the polling of the CI which you dont want to collect data or delete the discovered CI from the admin console ..

Hope you get the better answer..

- Vidyasagar Machani -

Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. -- Benjamin Franklin
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.