Re: How can I upgrade the agent in AIX and Linux nodes (210 Views)
Frequent Advisor
hellboy_1
Message 1 of 6 (243 Views)
Accepted Solution

How can I upgrade the agent in AIX and Linux nodes

Hi Expert,

In our DC DR enviroment,recently we have upgrade OA from 8.60 to 11.25 now I have upgrade the OA 11.13.007 in our management server.In our enviroment there is Windows ,Linux and AIX nodes are avaiable.I have upgrade the windows node agent from our OMW management server( from node/reinstall/update option).

My question is that how can I upgrade the agent in AIX and Linux nodes from our OMW management server ???

Regards

Debashish

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
Ramkumar Devanathan
Message 2 of 6 (239 Views)

Re: How can I upgrade the agent in AIX and Linux nodes

[ Edited ]

>> ...recently we have upgrade OA from 8.60 to 11.25...

It is 11.10.025. Please stop mentioning version 11.25 :)

The patches for 11.13 are installable directly on the node. copy over the agent iso file, mount it and install using oainstall -i -a.

hope this helps.

- ramd

HP Software Rocks!
Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
hellboy_1
Message 3 of 6 (228 Views)

Hi Ram,

Could you please tell me how can I get the patches of 11.13 also I am not able to get your reply.Please cleared me.

Regards

Debashish

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
Ramkumar Devanathan
Message 4 of 6 (219 Views)

go to support.openview.hp.com. login with HP passport, go to downloads, search for software patches for operations agent version 11.11.
HP Software Rocks!
Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
hellboy_1
Message 5 of 6 (214 Views)

Hi,

The Linux and AIX  all are managed nodes and all are agent installed(agent version 8.60.005 )so I have to upgrade the agent  these nodes.

How can I upgrade these nodes to agent versions 11.13.007.Is it possiable from OMW management server(Reinstall/Update option)

Regards

Debashish

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
Ramkumar Devanathan
Message 6 of 6 (210 Views)

From your initial question, it was not clear as you mentioned you have recently upgraded to 11.10.

follow the same steps as you did for the windows packages, to obtain the linux and aix packages.

install these on the server - if you have ssh enabled you would be able to upgrade the agents on the UNIX nodes.

you can also directly download the agent 11.10/11.11 packages from the HP software downloads for specific platforms. Install these directly on the node.

not sure where you need help. is this because you don't have root access to the managed nodes?

if yes, either you have to do this via the OM console only, using SSH or you have to work with the AIX and linux folks in your company and get them to install the agents.

BTW - all this is documented in the install guide.
HP Software Rocks!
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation