Re: Hotfix installation (253 Views)
Regular Advisor
OVO documents
Message 1 of 7 (264 Views)
Accepted Solution

Hotfix installation

Hi,

I want to apply a hotfix on all the servers across the enterprise provided by the HP.

Is there any procedure to install the hotfixeson the win/unix nodes by OMW/OMU.Any help is highly appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
m_vidyasagar
Message 2 of 7 (262 Views)

Re: Hotfix installation

Hello,

Which hotfix are you talking about??

Recent security bug hotfix :

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c03179825&jumpid=em_alerts_us...

?? 

- Vidyasagar Machani -

Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. -- Benjamin Franklin
Please use plain text.
Respected Contributor
Emmanuel Rolland-Piegue
Message 3 of 7 (256 Views)

Hello,

The latest OA11.02 hotfix we received includes instructions for various deployement scenarios:

- add the hotfix to your agent installation package

- push from the management server via ovdeploy

- install on each node manually

I think we will push from the management server to nodes with 11.02 already installed. And include the hotix to our standard installation packages.

Cheers,

Emmanuel.

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Ram_21
Message 4 of 7 (253 Views)

Hello

Typically every hotfix will have steps on how to implement it that will cover situation like if it can be pushed from the server or if it can only be manually done on the node. So please check the specific hotfix text file for details.

Also note that hotfix is meant only to be applied on a node if it runs into the specific problem that the hotfix is correcting. A hotfix is not the same a patch - in other words it is not meant for 'blanket' deployment for all nodes as it has not undergone full testing. So you may really want to consder that as well.

Hope this helps.
Regards

Ram

Please use plain text.
Respected Contributor
Emmanuel Rolland-Piegue
Message 5 of 7 (251 Views)

Ram,

Agreed, however, there was a recent critical security bulletin affecting OA. I suspect you may want to apply this particular hotfix to all nodes...

Emmanuel.

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Ram_21
Message 6 of 7 (246 Views)

Hello

Agreed that security hotfix may be applicable to all nodes (I covered myself with the generic statement that if hotfix is applicable to the node ;) ).

Even for this hotfix, the associated text file has steps for pushing it from the management server using ovdeploy to the node. Hopefully that will help on what was asked in this thread!

Regards
Ram

Please use plain text.
Regular Advisor
OVO documents
Message 7 of 7 (229 Views)

Thanks To all...
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation