HPOM Agent Installation (1669 Views)
Advisor
KathyV
Message 1 of 5 (1,669 Views)
Accepted Solution

HPOM Agent Installation

Hi All,

HPOM v9 installation,on WINDOWS SERVER 2008 R2

I have the following nodes upon which i am trying to run prerequisite checks and install the om agent:

AIX 64bit 5L5.3

REDHAT ENTERPRISE 6 64bit

Solaris 10 SPARC 64

the outputs i get for all of them is "Cannot communicate with the node X using Rexec or SSH"

and "PMD 1240 cannot deploy package operations agent to node X. the agent API returned the following errors: depl-81 unable to deploy ovo-agent.xml to node X, unable to deploy 6000_tmpovo-agent.xml to node X. depl-301 command c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe ?crunplink.cmd XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX 'PATH=$PATH:.:;mkdir -p /var/opt/OV/installation/incoming/bundles/Operations-agent root ******** terminated with an error runplink.cms command is not recopgnized as an internal or expernal command, operable program or batch file"

Any ideas????

Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
Anita Roseline L
Message 2 of 5 (1,664 Views)

Re: HPOM Agent Installation

Hi, For Remote agent Installation on UNIx nodes, We first need to configure Secure Shell client on OMW management server. Secondly, Root access is required.And also verify, if root user is allowed to remotely ssh the node.Because in many concerns, remote ssh of note will be blocked by root user for security reasons.Only if that is allowed, pre-requisites will pass through.Because, during pre-requisites check, for unix servers, it will try to shh the node.If ssh work it will pass else it will fail and throw the error you have got.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
KathyV
Message 3 of 5 (1,660 Views)

Hi!

everything is running as supposed to be... the problem persists...

Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
Anita Roseline L
Message 4 of 5 (1,647 Views)

1. Checl port 22 is open from ur management server. 2. Check if root user is allowed to remotely shh.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
sagar Bhattacharya
Message 5 of 5 (446 Views)

Hi Expert ,

Could you let me know how to enable ssh OM server on windows 2008, I also faceing same problem.

Regards

Sagar Bhattacharya

sagarbh@hotmail.com

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation