Re: HP Operations Manager failed to configure Oracle Database (522 Views)
Frequent Advisor
lawrence14
Message 1 of 3 (537 Views)

HP Operations Manager failed to configure Oracle Database

[ Edited ]

Hi everyone,

I have a problem regarding installation of HP OML specifically on this error. TCP port 1521 is already use. (Please see screenshot, error.png) I know it is not been used since it is fresh install of Virtual.

Then, i look for the listener.ora and i saw that 1521 is configured. (Please see screenshot, error1.png)

Also, how can i check what is my Oracle Net Service name? Is it SQL > show parameter service_name?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Lawrence

P.S. this thread has been moved  from Application Perf Mgmt (BAC / BSM) Support and News Forum to Systems Management (OpenView-OP Mgmt) Support and News Forum - Hp Forums Moderator

Frequent Advisor
lawrence14
Message 2 of 3 (522 Views)

Re: HP Operations Manager failed to configure Oracle Database

Hi

As I researched, i got the answer in my question. Please see this link, http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Systems-Management-OpenView-OP/OML-9-0-installation-error/td-p/4796962

Thank you.

But, my next problem is i can't proceed to database creation. Please see screenshot, error.png.

Then, view error1.png and error2.png for checking /var/opt/OV/log/Opc/mgmt_sv/installation.log for details.

Any ideas on how to fix it?

Thank you in advance.

Valued Contributor
Suresh Reddy_1
Message 3 of 3 (512 Views)

Re: HP Operations Manager failed to configure Oracle Database

Here are My Suggestions:

• Install Oracle Database Software only, do not create any database instance while installing the Oracle DB Software on Linux server.
  • Your third error screenshot says that openview database is already created, remove the openview database instance completely using dbca and netca utilities and then run ovinstall script with the selection create database instance manually while installing the OML software
  • I’m attaching a word documents which prepared while installing OML 9 on Linux server, if might be useful if you face any issues.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.