HP OMW integration with HP SM for ticket logging with HA (79 Views)
Super Advisor
HanumantMadane
Message 1 of 5 (79 Views)

HP OMW integration with HP SM for ticket logging with HA

Hi All,

we are planning to have HP OMW integration with HP SM for ticket logging.

We are going to use log shipping for failover of OMW.

we got below queries on this integration.

1)As OMW primary will be integrated with HP SM for ticket logging, if primary OMW fails, and secondary comes up, then how will secondary OMW logs ticket with SM primary.

2) what if primary HP SM goes down, and secondary comes up with different IP address, in this case how will OMW primary logs a ticket in HP SM secondary.

can anyone provide best practice in all these cases, 

prmary omw fails-->will secondary  omw logs call with SM

primary SM fails-->will OMW logs a call in secondary HP SM

Regards,

Hanumant

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Piku
Message 2 of 5 (59 Views)

Re: HP OMW integration with HP SM for ticket logging with HA

Hi,

In these scenarios there is always vip is used (with SLB) which means virtual and it has mapping of both the server, so in case of down it will only target to available one.
OR if no SLB is there then your network team will mask the IPs with virtailIP and change the back-end mapping with available one in DNS.

1)As OMW primary will be integrated with HP SM for ticket logging, if primary OMW fails, and secondary comes up, then how will secondary OMW logs ticket with SM primary. -- You have to use VIP not IP in integration file.
2) Same as above.

hth,
Please use plain text.
Super Advisor
HanumantMadane
Message 3 of 5 (54 Views)

Hello Piku,

Thanks for your reply to my post.

Can you please help me clarifying one thing.

when we use OMW log shipping method for failover, does the OMW configurations also gets copied to secondary OMW, I mean all integrations details (like integration of HP SM).

Can you also confirm do we have to use VIP for HP SM in this case, as we will be directing to active SM through VIP right?

Thanks again!

Regards,

Hanumant

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Piku
Message 4 of 5 (46 Views)

HI,

Not aware if OMW log shipping method, but for integration you have to just need to mention the IP (or VIP) of SM server, so in fail-over OM you must already had the IP.

Can you also confirm do we have to use VIP for HP SM in this case, as we will be directing to active SM through VIP right? - Yes if using more than one SM server for High availability.

hth,

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
m_vidyasagar
Message 5 of 5 (45 Views)

when we use OMW log shipping method for failover, does the OMW configurations also gets copied to secondary OMW, I mean all integrations details (like integration of HP SM). >> 

Only the database will get copied to the secondary OMW , for the configuration synch you need to use the ovpmutil tool  ...

- Vidyasagar Machani -

Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. -- Benjamin Franklin
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation