12-16-2013 01:05 AM
We are planning to migrate our HP OMU 8.35 Architecture to OMW 9 .
Could you suggest a migration plan that I should follow and what things I need to look out for .
There are about 2000 nodes that are being currently being monitored by the HP OMU.
12-16-2013 07:10 AM
That was really a big question...
Could you please check this two manuals and revert back if you got any particular doubts
1. Operations Manager Deployment Checklist
2. Operations Manager Installation and Migration Guide
12-16-2013 07:23 AM
Thanks Sekar for the Reply.
I have gone through both these manuals but was I was no clear on the steps I should follow . So I created the following steps for the Migration . Please could you advise .
- Download the OMU 8.35 Configuration and Node Structure and list via opccfgdwn tool
- Upload Configuration Data to HP OMW 9 via ovowconfigexchange tool
- Configure Fleximanagement Policy with the new HP OV Server details on OMU 8.35
- Configure basic monitoring of Selected Devices using Infrastructure SPI since OSSPI Discontinoued
- Update the Agents on Selected Servers to Latest Agent
- Configure Custom Policies ( if required )