Re: Exported Acknowledged messages csv file not having Node Name or Node caption (254 Views)
Frequent Advisor
Message 1 of 5 (307 Views)

Exported Acknowledged messages csv file not having Node Name or Node caption

Hi All 

I have HP OMW 9.0 and have export of all acknowledged messages daily, with a retention period of 7 days.

The problem is the columns exported in teh ack messages csv file does contain NodeName and Agent ID like this 

{9B72D601-4D2D-4E06-A7C5-79534EE564AB} 2921d8ba-1873-755e-1c27-b6f3489a243e

I couldnt find Node Name in the exported CSV. But if i select all Active messages and save it to file, it does have these 2 along with Node Caption and PrimaryNode Name which is the host name of the alert message where it originates.

Is there any setting i need to enabled to get it in ack message browser also?

Thanks in advance..

Honored Contributor
Ram_21
Message 2 of 5 (290 Views)

Re: Exported Acknowledged messages csv file not having Node Name or Node caption

Hello

Are you downloading the messages using ovowmsgutil command? If yes can you post the syntax of what you are doing for I am not reproduce what you are seeing? In my case I do not see the human readable node name values for either.

Hope you get a better answer.

Regards

Ram

Frequent Advisor
Message 3 of 5 (284 Views)

Re: Exported Acknowledged messages csv file not having Node Name or Node caption

Hi Ram,

I am not using ovowmsgutil, i am using the HPOM Server config Parameter - Database Maintenance to export ack messages..is there any other way other than converting the Agent ID to NodeName using WMI/VB script to populate the server names?

Thanks

HP Expert
Carlos_Pinto
Message 4 of 5 (272 Views)

Hello,

There is an enhancement request for this functionality as follow:

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/LID/QCCR1A119746

It  mentions

"When database maintenance takes place and acknowledged messages are exported to a csv file, the "nodename" field  in the csv file displays the node's GUID - customer would like to have the actual node name (e.g. FDQN or communication path)."  

The status is "Closed - No change".

In this case you can always submit a new enhancement request against the existing one and ask again for this functionality.

Hope this information helps.

Thanks and Regards,

Carlos Pinto

HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution. If you liked it I would appreciate KUDOs.

Trusted Contributor
hp4u
Message 5 of 5 (254 Views)

Hi,

I think we can use the Agentid to get the node name and  We can write the vb script for the same.

Regards,
hp4u
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.