03-29-2011 06:58 AM
We are conducting a research project on what metrics and key performance indicators (KPIs) people use most.
- Is your focus on availability? At the server, application, or business service level?
- Performance? Response time? What intervals do you track?
- Do you track outage time?
- Mean time to repair (MTTR)?
- Number of people to resolve an incident?
- Percentage of escalations to subject matter experts?
- How do you calculate return on investment (ROI)?
- Do you use ITIL as the foundation for any metrics?
- Who sets the key performance indicators (KPIs)? Who tracks them? How do you report the numbers?
Answer as many questions as you can. Skip any that don’t apply to your situation.
You can post your answers here.
If you prefer to keep your information confidential, just email me at email@example.com
I’ll post summary data on the blog once we complete the project.