Re: Can OM monitors the Agent behind NAT (199 Views)
Frequent Advisor
Ashish_Gupta
Message 1 of 3 (216 Views)

Can OM monitors the Agent behind NAT

Hi Experts,

Is it possible to monitors the agent behined the NAT ? What i Undertand is NAtted IP and real IP of the server will be different , so am not sure we can moniter them  or not...

Regards,

Ashish

Honored Contributor
m_vidyasagar
Message 2 of 3 (199 Views)

Re: Can OM monitors the Agent behind NAT

Yes you can monitor the agent in the NAT Environment.. 

There is a Firewall Concept Guide ( http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM829492 ), you can refer for the details on how to achieve it .. 

Hope this helps ..

- Vidyasagar Machani -

Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. -- Benjamin Franklin
Honored Contributor
sekar sundaram
Message 3 of 3 (180 Views)

Re: Can OM monitors the Agent behind NAT

well, to answer the question, as machani said, the firewall guide will give the exact details.

when i read this queston, i remembered my old manager used to say this when i asked any question about mgmt server to agent communication..

As long as bi-directional communication between mgmt server and agent on port 383 and 

the dns resolution is perfect, we can monitor the agent.

so, whether NAT'ted or not is not a problem. bi-directional communication on the port 383 is the requirement. 

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.