Agents not reporting to new Management Server (397 Views)
Trusted Contributor
Dave D.
Message 1 of 5 (397 Views)
Accepted Solution

Agents not reporting to new Management Server

Hi,

I'm in the process of migrating from HPOM 8.10 to HPOM 9.0.  I've installed HPOM 9.0 on a new management server, migrated the data, and am in the process of switching agents to the new management server.

I've created a new flexible management policy on the old management server (seen below) and deployed to all of my nodes (which are all HTTPS).

RESPMGRCONFIGS

RESPMGRCONFIG DESCRIPTION "Enable new management server to control agents"

SECONDARYMANAGERS

SECONDARYMANAGER NODE IP 0.0.0.0 "vmgtd01ov.wcbbc.wcbmain.com"

SECONDARYMANAGER NODE IP 0.0.0.0 "mgtd19om.wcbbc.wcbmain.com" ID "9eb6aed2-dead-7555-0409-ef318527d3fa"

ACTIONALLOWMANAGERS

ACTIONALLOWMANAGER NODE IP 0.0.0.0 "vmgtd01ov.wcbbc.wcbmain.com"

ACTIONALLOWMANAGER NODE IP 0.0.0.0 "mgtd19om.wcbbc.wcbmain.com" ID "9eb6aed2-dead-7555-0409-ef318527d3fa"

And then I've run the "Swith Management Server" tool from the new management server.

But all of my nodes (except a few which oddly enough are the 5 HTTPS nodes I've installed recently @ version 8.60.501) are still reporting to the old management server (for example, when I run the Send Message from Managed Node test tool).

Any idea what I could be missing here?

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Respected Contributor
Ram_2
Message 2 of 5 (391 Views)

Re: Agents not reporting to new Management Server

Hello

Two things to check

1. Have you exchange trusted certificates between the two OMW server.

2. In the Flexible Management policy, you have two servers listed. I am assuming one of the two servers listed is OMW 9.0 server. Is the other one OMW 8.1x server. If yes I don't think that is correct and so remove it. Also you have listed the FQDN and then the ID. Is there a reason why you have it this way and not just the FQDN?

In theory what you have done should work and so hopefully checking the above two things may help.

Regards

Ram

Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
Brandy Reid
Message 3 of 5 (374 Views)

Hi Dave,

What is listed for [sec.cm.client] and [sec.core.auth] when you run ovconfget?

Thanks,
Brandy
http://www.linkedin.com/in/brandyreid
Say "Thanks" by clicking on Kudo's to the left :)
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Dave D.
Message 4 of 5 (356 Views)

sec.cm.client and sec.core.auth had the OLD management server still listed. I created a custom Tool to remotely update these parameters and now all of my agents are reporting to the NEW management server.

Still, interesting that the Upgrade procedure as outlined by HP doesn't mention this... I followed the procedure precisely.

Thanks both of you.
Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
Brandy Reid
Message 5 of 5 (352 Views)

Hi Dave,

It's good to hear that you have overcome the issue.  Creating a tool to update the [sec.cm.client] and [sec.core.auth] is a very clever iea :)

http://www.linkedin.com/in/brandyreid
Say "Thanks" by clicking on Kudo's to the left :)
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation