07-24-2013 09:12 AM
I am looking to upgrade the firmware on the server. I have found two downloads.
Option 1. PF_CMERLSYS0430.zip which seems to update via a created CDROM.
Option 2. HP-I64VMS-OSIFM_RX2660-V0430.ZIPEXE (8.0 MB) which can be updated via the ILO console and the OpenVMS product install.
Is one way better than the other?
Can just the ILO be updated without the others?
Unfortunately, I have no test server to try either option on, so can anyone advise.
The current firmware is pretty out of date. Ref Below
MP FW : F.02.23
BMC FW : 05.24
EFI FW : ROM A 07.14, ROM B 07.14
System FW : ROM A 04.11, ROM B 04.11, Boot ROM A
PDH FW : 50.07
UCIO FW : 03.0b
PRS FW : 00.08 UpSeqRev: 02, DownSeqRev: 01
Also, the Pre requisites required are below.
We currently have the following shown in the product history
We currently don't have the below showing up in the history.
Would these not have been contained in the main UPDATE-V0100 or do I need to download and install these seperately?
08-03-2013 12:24 AM
I tried to upgrade EFI firmware on my old rx2660 without success. I prepared CD-ROM but system does not get from it.
However, system is running well with OpenVMS V8.4 and old firmware.
I guess you have trouble with bootstrap system date: old firmware and OpenVMS 8.3 do not exchange RTC date.
If your trouble is that I hint you upgrade OpenVMS with V8.4.
Antonio M. Vigliotti
08-05-2013 03:35 AM - edited 08-09-2013 01:55 AM
Another procedure to manually upgrade the firmware of the rx2660 server :
click on the following link :
Download the rx2660 system firmware - EFI release - under the "Firmware System" Section (current version V4.30 09-Oct-2012). Format an USB stick as FAT file system, extract the contents of the downloaded file in that USB stick, then insert it on one free USB port of the rx2660 server and follow these instructions :
OS Independent - Updating Firmware from EFI Shell
For general information about using EFI, refer to the "Operation and Maintenance Guide".
- At the shell prompt, type "fs0:" (replacing "fs0:" with "USB volume" mapped in the EFI device table. This volume contains the "update_SFW.nsh" and the other files that were previous copied to the USB stick. We will assume this volume is labeled fs0 for the remainder of these instructions.
- Type "fs0:", then press ENTER.
- Locate the file "update_SFW.nsh" and type "update_SFW.nsh", then press ENTER.
- The MP connection will be lost. Wait for a few minutes and then reconnect to the MP.
- The server will reset after completing the flash.
- Boot to your operating system, you have done.
08-05-2013 11:10 PM
I did not know EFI could read USB stick.
I downloaded firmware of my old rx2600 and upgraded it.
Anyway it is better upgrade to OpenVMS 8.4 too.