It's a sad day here in Cape Town (120 Views)
Regular Advisor
DavidJ
Message 1 of 5 (120 Views)

It's a sad day here in Cape Town

Finally the day has dawned that I was dreading for the past few years, the last of my MPE systems was powered down, disconnected from my network and wheeled out of the computer room.

As from today I can now only wear my Unix cap. The MPE blazer will now be hung up to collect dust.
So it is with this sad and heavy heart that I now must takeleave of the MPE world and go where so many other MPE sys admin have gone before, but before I leave I would like to thank the MPE community for all their support over the last 20 + years. Now I too can use the term "In the good ole days"!

To all the HP engineers who burnt the midnight oil with me and there were some who worked during the day as well ;-) I would like to say a BIG THANK YOU. I could name quite a few but then I am afraid that i would forget some, so not to offend anyone, Thanks Everybody for all the help and support and maybe our paths will cross again with all the HP-UX support calls I will be making.

Thanks for everything

David
Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.
Please use plain text.
Respected Contributor
Stan Sieler
Message 2 of 5 (120 Views)

Re: It's a sad day here in Cape Town

Hi David,

Email me offline for a possible
MPE lead in Cape Town.

Stan
sieler@allegro.com
(I have no financial interest in this)
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Chuck Ciesinski
Message 3 of 5 (120 Views)

David,

I too have been making the transition from MPE to HP-UX. It is truly hard to let go. I wish you well. But keep the faith, my 918 is still running and I am still answering MPEForum questions as well as working for all MPE users on the OpenMPE Board.

Chuck Ciesinski
"Show me the $$$$$"
Please use plain text.
Respected Contributor
Chris Bartram
Message 4 of 5 (120 Views)

Good luck...

There is life after MPE, though things will never be the same... and probably never as good as those "good old days".

-How about awarding Stan a point or two? He's one point away from a new hat. This would be a fitting post to take him over the top :-) He's saved all our MPE-lovin butts more than once!

-Chris B
Please use plain text.
Regular Advisor
DavidJ
Message 5 of 5 (120 Views)

closing all old open threads
Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation