Re: HP3000 - System Manager (170 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Keith Butler
Message 1 of 7 (170 Views)

HP3000 - System Manager

Hello All,

HP3000 MPE/iX system running their ticketing software in a PACT3000 database. We are trying to access the database files to move to a newer database software (PASS). I don't believe the active accounts provided is enough to allow us to get to those files. Anyone know if there is a way to reset System Manager password from the console or another way to extract the data from this system. The manager that had the password is no longer with the company and no one seems to have the System Manager account password. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Eric Sorensen_1
Message 2 of 7 (170 Views)

Re: HP3000 - System Manager

Hello Keith,

One method would be:

1. INSTALL (I hope you know the details)
2. create a user with SM
3. restore with ;directory
4. logon as the SM user
5. listuser manager.sys;pass
A problem well defined is half solved.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Frank Baker_1
Message 3 of 7 (170 Views)

Keith,

You mite try a back door such as mgr.telesup. Telesup account usually has SM if it wasn't changed.
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Chuck Ciesinski
Message 4 of 7 (170 Views)

Keith,

Not knowing a lot about your system, if you have a NETBASE account from Quest software you should be able to get SM from the login for MGR.Netbase. From experience with the expersts at VESOFT, most SM's don't change the passwords provided by Quest Software. Another potential source of SM logins would be third party software job scheduling systems or MGR.VESOFT.

Also check to see if there is a program called GOD.PUB.VESOFT on your system,
if so try to run it and give yourself SM..

HTH,

Chuck Ciesinsk
"Show me the $$$$$"
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Michael L Gueterman
Message 5 of 7 (170 Views)

Keith,

We at Easy Does It Technologies LLC have quite a bit of experience with the PACT databases and the e3000. In order to extract the information (which btw uses a LOT of overloaded fields!) you simply need to have a MPE login with read access to the PACT database. You don't need a user with System Manager capability. You'll have to perform extracts as the format of the actual database files will be pretty much unusable as-is. If you still need some help, give us a call.

Regards,
Michael L Gueterman
573-368-5478
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Paul Littrell
Message 6 of 7 (170 Views)

If you have access to DEBUG you can call the "GETSM" routine from the sl on PUB.SYS or if you have MPEX you can use the "GOD" program.
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
paul courry
Message 7 of 7 (170 Views)

I'm sure you have gotten access to your passwords by now.

If not, then contact me at

paul@courry.com

and we will recover them.
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation