10-28-2010 12:42 PM
I have a bottleneck problem in memory when you install oracle 11g in a virtual machine consumes me:
3.4 GB that only Oracle, OS 1.6 GB consumed me.
The machine has 10% 2Core and 6GB of RAM.
How I can optimize the use of that memory so it does not consume much memory.
Thanks for everything.
10-28-2010 01:12 PM
Please check the below two kernel paramters,
U need to tune ur system to overcome this memory bottleneck.
Hope this solves ur issues
Dont forget to assign points.
10-28-2010 01:46 PM
10-28-2010 08:45 PM
(1) Monitor your system memory utilization using any tools like glance
(2) Check which processes are consuming more memory and drill down to find out the reason
(3) You can stop unnecessary applications running in your system and remove them from init.d
(4) You can also do kernel parameter tuning using kctune. Tuning parameters like dbc_max_pct and dbc_min_pct would impact memory utilization
(5) Based on the load to oracle, you might have to re-look at the memory allocation to HPVM guest system