04-20-2012 02:45 PM
I need to upgrade my OS from 11.11v to 11.23v,please let me know what are the precaution needs to be taken and provide me a good Doc as well
Thanks in Adv....
04-21-2012 04:52 AM
To upgrade 11.11 to 11.23 you have to decide what method of upgrade you are planning for, update-ux or Cold Install Method.
Depending on your system need and downtime planning, you can choose either methods.
- For cold install you have to freshly install all other application , 3rd party software, binaries etc. Also you have to create users, groups, configuration files , settings .
- For update-ux install , you have to less touch on the configuraion and software installation part & can be safe, if having less downtime window.
- Also you need to check pre-reqisites & compatibility options for all the componenets attached to the server, along with server firmware compatibility & support matrix. Check Storage support matrix. To check vg00 filesystem free space if using update-ux .
check out the below document: in gogle for upgrade tasks, :
- HP-UX 11i v3 Installation and Update Guide
- Also make sure all the backups are in place before starting:
A: Ignite Tape Backup / Ignite Net backup.
B: Configuration Files Backup.
C: tar backup of important vg00 FS ( Like /etc /opt /home ..)
D: if database running: have cold backup of database.
F; All OS nonVG00 & Fs backup.
- if you describe your scenario , more info can be provided.