Multicast Routing Problems (136 Views)
Occasional Contributor
James Pringle
Message 1 of 3 (136 Views)

Multicast Routing Problems

I am having problems getting multicast routing to work. I have a server in VLAN 2 that is supplying a multicast video stream that I can view from a client also in VLAN 2. If I try from a client in VLAN 80 or VLAN 100 it doesn't work. I have gone through the multicast routing guide and I am fairly sure that I have set it up correctly.

The multicast group is 224.80.5.1, I have followed all the troubleshooting steps I can find but everything seems to be configured correctly. I am trying this just on one 5412 for the moment with a view to expanding this onto our access switches when I get it working.

I have attached my config
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Pieter 't Hart
Message 2 of 3 (136 Views)

Re: Multicast Routing Problems

maybe missed this:
>>>
PIM-DM requires configuration on both the global level and on the VLAN (interface) level. The recommended configuration order is:
1. Enable IGMP on all VLANs where hosts may join a multicast group.
<<<
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
James Pringle
Message 3 of 3 (136 Views)

Re: Multicast Routing Problems

Thanks for the input, it is enabled at the VLAN level as well. After a couple of days trying to figure it out we change the multicast group ID on the video server to 225.94.5.1 and it started working.
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation