Clear password in Procurve 2650 (4320 Views)
Advisor
latchum
Message 1 of 4 (4,320 Views)

Clear password in Procurve 2650

Hi All,

I have a Procurve switch 2650, I am unable to get login to this switch as unfortunately dont have the configured user name & password.

I found in the forum that if we press the clear button (which will be in front of the switch) for 1 or 2 secs then the password is gone. Is it the right way? and I hope it will not touch the switch configuration.

After that will it get login without user and passowrd? if so after then we can configure a local user or radius.

Please suggest me.

Thanks & Regards,
Latchum Naidu.
Respected Contributor
Shadow13
Message 2 of 4 (4,320 Views)

Re: Clear password in Procurve 2650

YES
pressing the clear for 2 secs will just remover the password and will not affect your configuration and you will be able to access the switch to do whatever you want
Advisor
latchum
Message 3 of 4 (4,320 Views)

Thank you very much for your confirm on this.
Honored Contributor
Jeff Carrell
Message 4 of 4 (4,320 Views)

Quick note, that feature can be optionally disabled, and also modified to perform a switch reset of the "clear' button is pressed.

To see how those settings are set, if logged into the switch manually, do a 'show front-panel-security'.

btw, the settings of the above commands are not in the config file, but rather saved in a different part of NVRAM.

If the clear button feature has been disabled, the other 2 choices (or one at most depending again on how security is configured) is either a factory reset, or call ProCurve techspt for a special way in.

hth...Jeff
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.