Storage Essentials - SNMP traps etc. (221 Views)
Advisor
Madej
Message 1 of 1 (221 Views)

Storage Essentials - SNMP traps etc.

[ Edited ]

Hello

I am searching informations about my problem, but I cannot find resolution.
My problem is that I have to integrate Storage Essentials with third-party monitoring software. Solution desinger wants to use SNMP traps which will be send from SE to monitoring agent - SNMP probe installed on the same machine as SE (Win2k8).
I have the following questions:
1. Can I change the SNMP destination port on SE? SE is using Windows SNMP Traps service for probing and monitoring devices (f.e. switches), and this service is using standard UDP port 162. I mustn't change this port. BTW, I don't know how. But it is potential danger, because this configuration may causes conflicts.
2. On the SNMP probe configuration I have to create rules file for translating SNMP traps. Where I can get the SE SNMP trap specyfication from? It is required to write the rules file.
3. Where I can find HP MIB for SE6.3?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Madej

P.S. This thread has been moved from Storage > General to Storage Essentials Support and News Forum. - Hp Forum Moderator

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation