Storage Essentials 9.6.0 Linux installation problem (345 Views)
Honored Contributor
DJ Hogeweg
Message 1 of 4 (345 Views)

Storage Essentials 9.6.0 Linux installation problem

Hi, I do have a case open on this problem but I was curious whether anyone has installed Storage Essentials 9.6.0 on RHEL 6.3?

First of all when I start the installer it couldn't find libXrender.so.1 and had to manually add library paths to LD_LIBRARY_PATH although ldconf shows that the system path settings are ok.

After that I'm experiencing a "libXrender.so.1: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32" problem. Any one an idea how to solve this? Kind regards,

DJ

Advisor
anthony bento
Message 2 of 4 (301 Views)

Re: Storage Essentials 9.6.0 Linux installation problem

A couple of questions:

1) are all the pre-requisite OS modules installed as per the Install Guide?

2) Is this a 'headless' system?  I've seen screwy things happen on headless installs.

If you have a Support Case open you should get some resolution.

Honored Contributor
DJ Hogeweg
Message 3 of 4 (296 Views)

Hi Anthony, Thank you for your answer.

1. Yes I went through the list which is mentioned in the chapter as well through the list mentioned in the appendix. Although I had the feeling that they were not at level with each other.
  2. It is a virtual machine, well yes it's headless. But nowadays it's a rarity not to work with headless systems. A simple installation procedure which installs software on a server should be able to cope with that.

Kind regards,

DJ

Acclaimed Contributor
Dennis Handly
Message 4 of 4 (280 Views)

>"libXrender.so.1: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32" problem.

This appears to be a 32 bit, when you need a 64 bit version of your shlib.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.