Brocade 4/12 c-Class SAN Switch - License Issue (267 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Todd Lauder
Message 1 of 5 (267 Views)

Brocade 4/12 c-Class SAN Switch - License Issue

Hey everyone,

We've recently purchased two Brocade 4/12 Brocade SAN switches to connect to our infrastructure. Both SAN switches came with Fabric OS 5.3.1a. I figured I was doing the right thing by upgrading to the latest firmware (6.1.0a) on both switches.

After upgrading to 6.0.1a (since you can't go straight to 6.1.0 from 5.3.1) I was still able to see our licensed features (Web, Zoning, Fabric) within the licensing tab.

So I moved on to 6.1.0a thinking we'd be in good shape, not so much. After I upgraded the firmware to 6.1.0a I went to the licensing tab and saw our key, but the licensed features showed up as "Unknown, Unknown, Fabric".

Any idea what gives and how I can resolve it?

Thanks in Advance
- Todd
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Uwe Zessin
Message 2 of 5 (267 Views)

Re: Brocade 4/12 c-Class SAN Switch - License Issue

From what I've read here (I think you are the 3rd or 4th person asking this question), those two license keys are no longer required/used. It is too bad that the programmer(s) did not simply keep the output or at least print an informal message.
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Terri Harris
Message 3 of 5 (267 Views)

The first reply is correct. With 6.1x Brocade firmware there is no longer a separate license for Web & Advanced Zoning. Hopefully Brocade will clean this up in a future release so the two licenses don't show up as "Unknown".
Please use plain text.
Super Advisor
Dave Thomson
Message 4 of 5 (267 Views)

Hello

I have an issue that i have unlicensed ports on the switch. Only 12 ports are usuable, 4/12 i presume.

How do i get the other ports active ?

Thanks
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Terri Harris
Message 5 of 5 (267 Views)

Dave,

In the future you should create a new thread since this is not the same issue as posted by Todd.

Did you buy a 4/12 or 4/24? If you can provide the product # (or email me your SN#) I can look this up. If you buy the 4/12, you do only get 12 ports.

A 4/24 with the Brocade LICENSESHOW command will display the following:

"Full Ports on Demand license - additional 12 port upgrade"

terri.harris@hp.com
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation