07-24-2013 06:18 AM
I saw this today MS KB and was wondering if I should be applying this to my Hyper-V 2012 cluster.
I haven't seen any performance issues however, it is early days for us migrating VMs to this new cluster.
we have a p2000 sas san with hyper-v cluster so I am unsure if I should be applying this.
Can anyone advise?
07-24-2013 07:14 AM
It is clear that MS recomends to change PSP only when slow performace noted during heavy workload in a direct attach SAN, Also from the article we see the issue occurs only with Round Robin. I also checked the latest firmware version TS250P002 released this month below is the revison history, but no fix related to PSP
The following issue was fixed in TS250P002:
- Fixed the problem with aborting Atomic Test-andSet (ATS) commands.
- Fixed the hanging controller issue that is seen during several iterations of the VMware Site Recovery Manager (SRM) failover and failback process.
- Fixed the Atomic Test-and-Set logic that set the incorrect error state condition and subsequently crash the array controllers.
- A trust failure no longer clears the partially reconstructed state of a HDD.
- Partner Firmware Update (PFU) now functions properly when the new Management Controller (MC) version matches the old MC version.
- All events are now properly processed by HP SIM.
If you face any performance issue we can try a different PSP. Also if you would like to update the firmware to latest please click here to download.
Hope this helps!
07-24-2013 08:11 AM
urh my bad. path selection...
we are currently using round robin, which the article suggest is affected.
its just a new install so not much load yet, but I would hate to go back later saying "well there is this hotfix etc etc..."
So i'm guessing the recommendation from HP is not to apply?
07-24-2013 08:46 AM
As per the KB Article , the solution is
"To resolve this issue, obtain updated firmware from your disk vendor. "
On P2000 SAS Array all the firmware releases have the capability of the load balancing at SAS port level. So it may not be relevant to this array.
However we have a latest controller firmware released for this array on July-12 . (TS250P002 )
Upgrade requirement to this version is : " recommended " HP recommends users update to this version at their earliest convenience.