Which HP software can I remove? (719 Views)
Occasional Visitor
slowhp
Message 1 of 2 (719 Views)

Which HP software can I remove?

Hi,

I'm a PC and my hubby's a Mac.  But due to unforseen circumstances we had to switch printers.  He now has my HP & I have his Canon.  I have been working for a while on speeding my computer, which has improved greatly with the removal of ALL Mcafee, and need help with the HP software.  There is A LOT of HP software on this computer.  I have a 6ish year old Microsoft Windows XP, Media Center Edition, Version 2001, Service Pack 3.  I need to make room for some new software for a school project!  Can anyone tell me which of the HP software directly relates to the HP printer and can safely be removed.  I do have the disk, so I can always reinstall later, if I get my printer back. 

Thank you!

HP Pro
MaxJ
Message 2 of 2 (699 Views)

Re: Which HP software can I remove?

Hello,
You can remove any software that you need. The software that is related to the printer are stored on a system directory under your C:\Windows; furhtermore, as long as you do not delete the driver and queue from the system you are on the safe side. To see your installed drivers and queue open your device manager.
I work for HP.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.