Proxy settings for HP Easy Printer Care or HP Proactive Support?? (141 Views)
Occasional Contributor
David Holmes_2
Message 1 of 3 (141 Views)

Proxy settings for HP Easy Printer Care or HP Proactive Support??

Hello,

I recently downloaded and installed the HP Easy Printer Care software. This appears to be a neat utility but I cannot get to the internet to retrieve updates.

I am behind a corporate firewall and from what I can tell there are no places in the software to set proxy settings. I've gone up to Help and "Check for Updates" and it looks like it tries to do something and then says no updates available... I guess it's possible there aren't any updates, but I never get prompted for my proxy login information.

There is also an option for HP Proactive Support and doing a check to see if any printers need updates. It tries to go look for updates and it says "HP Proactive Support has encountered an internal error and can not perform the requested activity."

Is there a place to manually configure proxy settings?

Thanks,
Dave
Occasional Contributor
David Holmes_2
Message 2 of 3 (141 Views)

Re: Proxy settings for HP Easy Printer Care or HP Proactive Support??

I ended up reposting this message in "Printer Server & Peripheral Sharing" forum under the "Installation Management and Software" subforum.
Occasional Contributor
David Holmes_2
Message 3 of 3 (141 Views)

Re: Proxy settings for HP Easy Printer Care or HP Proactive Support??

No solution found yet but I ended up reposting this message in "Printer Server & Peripheral Sharing" forum under the "Installation Management and Software" subforum.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.