Printer software generating excessive SNMP traffic (225 Views)
Occasional Visitor
mgferg
Message 1 of 2 (225 Views)

Printer software generating excessive SNMP traffic

Hi All,

I've recently purchased a HP Photosmart C410 Printer and been having issues with the printer software. It continually polls the printer. Seems to be approx 120 get-request/get-resonse pair per second.

I've had numerous calls with HP and its been escalated several times. Generally the support has been very poor and was told a number of things which are completely irrelevant. I was also told that its due to my router which is not supported (in resolving the issue). How rediculous! I finally managed to get someone today to agree that it is a known HP issue. Solution, disable the printer services - er, than I can't print. So start the services when I need to print.

The complaints department were even less helpful - nothing they can do about it (such as get a refund), because I have already been provided with a solution (router setup). I honestly can't believe the incompetence of the support teams! So far they have done nothing but waste my precious time in trying to resolve this. Everytime I call I get through to someone else and then have to re-explain everything. One woman insisted on getting my motherboard bios version before escalating it.
This has been going on for weeks ...

Here's a thread on the HP forum with similar observations (and different printers).

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-networking-and-wireless/SNMP-and-wasted-resources/td-p/233199/p...

Regards,

Mark

Occasional Visitor
mgferg
Message 2 of 2 (225 Views)

Re: Printer software generating excessive SNMP traffic

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.