LaserJet 8150DN with 8 bin mailbox on HP-UX (22 Views)
Occasional Advisor
James Stenglein
Message 1 of 4 (22 Views)
Accepted Solution

LaserJet 8150DN with 8 bin mailbox on HP-UX

We have an 8150DN with and 8 bin mailbox that is working fine from the Microsoft side of the house. Some of our printing (from PeopleSoft) goes straight to the HP-UX spooler and completely by-passes the Windows world. I need to be able to output to specific mailbox bins from the HP-UX spooler. I can not find any specific print drivers for HP-UX for this printer, nor have I been able to locate any printer specific option that would direct output to a specific bin.

I understand from our PeopleSoft application admin that it is a several step process for the user to get a job to their system and then print it through the Windozes driver.

Does anyone have any ideas how to do this from HP-UX?

Thanks
Dave
Respected Contributor
Steven Dickey
Message 2 of 4 (22 Views)

Re: LaserJet 8150DN with 8 bin mailbox on HP-UX

Hi,

Assuming that you have the right HP-UX printer model script installed you can address individual mailboxes by using the "binx" lp argument. Try this from the HP-UX command line:

Echo "Test" | lp -dmyprinter -obin3

This test should print to mailbox #1. "-obin1" is for the default top output bin, "-obin2" is for the faceup output bin, "-obin3 is for mailbox 1, "-obin4" is for mailbox 2, etc...

Hopefully your application will let you specify HP-UX lp arguments.

~Steven
Occasional Advisor
James Stenglein
Message 3 of 4 (22 Views)

Steven,

Thanks! That solved my problem. Where did you find the option documented? I think I searched every file in every lp directory plus on-line.

Thanks again,
Dave
Respected Contributor
Steven Dickey
Message 4 of 4 (22 Views)

Hi,

If your JetAdmin Software is installed correctly, you should be able to issue a "man net_ljx000" from the command line on your print server. If that doesn't work, then you would need to look at the model script file directly. the model script file would either be in /etc/lp/interface/myprinter or /etc/lp/interface/model.orig/myprinter.

Good luck and thanks for the points!

~Steven
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.