HP laserjet 1000 drivers for windows 7 (1817 Views)
Occasional Visitor
thedirtydewcrew
Message 1 of 5 (1,817 Views)

HP laserjet 1000 drivers for windows 7

I would like to know why there is no drivers for my printer for windows 7? Are you telling me I have to buy a new laserjet printer? If this is what I am understanding then i will not buy another Hp product. I have 3 of these printers and i will not go buy new ones.
Trusted Contributor
ANNIE
Message 2 of 5 (1,817 Views)

Re: HP laserjet 1000 drivers for windows 7

Hi,

There is no entry for the Laserjet 1000 which suggests "If your legacy product is not listed, no support is offered for Windows 7.

Check this link:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&objectID=c02535920
AND
http://www.hp.com/united-states/windows7/index.html

Thanks
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
** If found useful, please assign kudos located at the left hand side.
Thanks.

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Honored Contributor
David Zuts
Message 3 of 5 (1,817 Views)

I love these people who buy the cheapest laser printer at the time, use it for 7-9 years and then complain when there is no support for a new operating system. HP is in the business of selling printers and after a certain amount of years they make a decision to stop supporting products. I do not blame them and I am sure they will not miss your business.
Occasional Visitor
thedirtydewcrew
Message 4 of 5 (1,817 Views)

Hey they are great printers and I have never had a problem with them. Yes I am very unhappy since all other windows os had the drivers for my printers. You really know what I dont like. I am only trying to get my system back up and running since I purchased a new laptop for my daughter to do school work on. The price of a laptop aint cheap. Now hp is telling me buy a printer for your daughter. This isnt right. How hard could it possibly be to convert the drivers. What will more then likely do id go back to XP or vista. They are better os anyway.
Honored Contributor
David Zuts
Message 5 of 5 (1,817 Views)

Because you bought a cheap printer (for whatever reason) in order to sell it so cheaply, hp did not have a processor on the main board and it used the computer to do the processing. It is what is called a host based printer where all the processing is done at the computer and a stream is then sent to the printer to print out whatever you sent. Most printers have a processor and do all the processing at the printer. In order to do this it required a very robust driver with lots of programing and the new windows 7 operating system is not friendly to host based printers so hp decided not to spend the time and money to attempt to develop a driver for such an old printer. Older printers that were not host based are supported since they have a common pcl language built into their main boards. If your new computer is the pro version and has the abillity to enter xp mode you can enter that mode and see if you can load the printer.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/products/features/windows-xp-mode
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.