Re: HP Photosmart has stopped working! (541 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Boo777
Message 1 of 3 (569 Views)

HP Photosmart has stopped working!

When I double click on the HP Photosmart icon on my desktop, a microsoft box comes up saying  HP Photosmart Essential has stopped working and it tells me to close the program. The same also happens when I try to input my SLR Camera CF Memory card. This has not happened before and I would like to know why and how can I solve the problem?

Occasional Visitor
John Weyhausen
Message 2 of 3 (557 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart has stopped working!

Same thing happened to me yesterday also.  Was using the program. Closed it; went to ask my wife a question about a photo I printed.  Came back, reopened the program and the same thing happened. Tried removing the program and reinstalling it. Same results when I attempted to open the program.  This program is so much better than Photo Creations and so much less uncomplicated.  Shame HP no longer supports it.

Occasional Visitor
Lindaw72
Message 3 of 3 (541 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart has stopped working!

Had HPPE 3.5 on Win 7 computer. Was working fine. Had to do restore on computer. Now HPPE won't work. Every time I turn on computer it trys to install/configure HPPE but it won't. Get messages operating system incompatible (it was working before with Win 7) and HPPhotosmartessential.msi missing. HP Photo Creations as far as I can tell is junk.  Can't get ot my pictures at all.  I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling - won't work.  Anyone have any suggestions?

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.