HP Officejet Pro L7780 All-in-One Printer/ Scanner / Fax - Software Installation Nightmares! (219 Views)
Occasional Visitor
JahmenMyst
Message 1 of 1 (219 Views)

HP Officejet Pro L7780 All-in-One Printer/ Scanner / Fax - Software Installation Nightmares!

OK! Yeah I know it's an old Printer, but it still works great!

Well, at least until we bought these 2 new ASUS [Model:G75VW-TH71] Laptop computers.

We had the Windows OS 8 that came with them removed and installed Windows 7 Pro on them. 

Same as what we used before with our HP Officejet Pro L7780  All-in-One.

We had always run the printer using a shared network and it all ran just fine for years. 

We download the OJProLX7700_Full_14 Application file [same one we had before] extracted file for the installation.

When prompted to connect printer, we did and it finds the printer and lists it.

We highlight  it and hit next and the final configuration runs.

And runs and runs and runs until after several minutes we get [Fatal error occurred during installation] screen.

The failed un-install runs runs auto removes it all.   Note: After a few failed installations I ran the Task Manager during the last configuration phase and found no active process running anywhere, at anytime ever.

NOTE: Originally we had successfully installed this software and the printer ran fine, until the following day when we turned on our computers the Printer had stopped working with an X on it in the network list.

The only way to get it running again was to un-install it and re-install it.  Test page prints, scanner scans and it list active on the network and everything is fine until the next time the computer boots.

Now on mine, I can't get the program software to complete the installation, as described above.

NOTE: Yes I used the HP Programs un-install feature.  And yes I found and used the OJProLX7700_Scrubber_14 too!

NOTE: Yes I not only turned off the Anti-virus and Malware programs.  I even uninstalled them!

NOTE: YES Installed with and without Wndows Firewall on tried.

NOTE: YES I did turn off the Power to the Laptop,  Printer and  Modem, restarted them all prior to another installation.

NOTE: Yes I checked all the Network and Printer settings for IP and submask Addresses to make sure.

NOTE: Yes I tried a USB installations as well with the same failed install error messages.

Actually, I have spent days and many hours trying about 30 plus different ways to uninstall, reboot and install the program software.  But the final configuration step always fails me now.  

So I came here to see if anyone had any new ideas about what I can try or knows what the problem is?

Remember, I had managed several successful installation before I had this problem.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.