Re: HP Exstream Dialogue - Resizing dynamic TIFF image in Metacode (543 Views)
Occasional Visitor
robosllim
Message 1 of 2 (1,062 Views)

HP Exstream Dialogue - Resizing dynamic TIFF image in Metacode

[ Edited ]

I'm not totally sure this is the right place to post this, so... let me know if it's located incorrectly.

Anyway, I have some multi-page TIFF images that need to go into my output, one TIFF page per output page and I need it to be output in Metacode. Currently, I'm using an array placeholder variable pointing to a TIFF image. I put the variable into table, of which each row takes up an entire page, then I'm telling the rows to automate based on the number of elements in that array. Each row will flow to a different page. The image is resized, since the original images are all larger than a physical page in size.

At one point, I had AFP and PDF output and this worked fine. Now that I've replaced AFP with Metacode, this method doesn't work as it is telling me "The dynamic image named L155105646096.tif is too tall to fit in the allocated space. The space available is 2442 and the space needed is 3295." At the advice of one of my colleagues, I switched to using an empty image to import the TIFF. Now, it will be placed on the page without being resized and will just place the first page of the TIFF on each page (number of output pages still totals the total number of pages in TIFF).

So my questions are, how can I get the dynamic image to resize properly and how can I get it to place each successive page of the TIFF on a new output page? At the moment, Metacode output is a requirement, though that may change if it proves to be impossible to implement in this way.

P.S. This thread has been moevd from Laserjet to Printing and Digital Imaging > Software. - Hp forum Moderator

Visitor
fiimage
Message 2 of 2 (543 Views)

Re: HP Exstream Dialogue - Resizing dynamic TIFF image in Metacode

i haven't tried that, but i heard somet tiff resizing tool may help you solve this problem.  search online to find more.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.