Re: Any further updates on this fix yet? (835 Views)
Occasional Advisor
MOSS
Message 1 of 7 (835 Views)
Accepted Solution

Integrating HP TRIM search with Sharepoint 2007 windows authenticated site

Hi,

I am trying to integrated HP TRIM search with sharepoint 2007 windows authenticated site.The document content in search option in site collection integration settings has been enabled. I have added HP Trim Search Results web part to SharePoint search result page. I have few documents stored in HP Trim. I want to search the HP Trim document content. when i try to search for a document content it is not returning any results.Even tried by entering the key words like content:trim but it didn't work out, but if i give key words created:me , it works.

The other fixed search web parts are working fine like HP Trim Records created by me, registered by me etc.. but i want to search the document content by specific word.

Can anyone please advise how to get HP Trim document content search working?

Thanks in Advanced

Siva

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Grundy
Message 2 of 7 (835 Views)

Re: Integrating HP TRIM search with Sharepoint 2007 windows authenticated site

There is a known issue around this behaviour that we have already reported to R&D.

I will be able to get more details for you on Monday when I'm back in the office. :smileyhappy:

::::::::::::::::::::::
NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

Kapish.com.au
Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
MOSS
Message 3 of 7 (835 Views)

Hi

Thank you for the reply. I am eager to know more details around this behavior and also please let me know if there is any work around for this issue.

Best Regards

Siva

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Grundy
Message 4 of 7 (835 Views)

It's is currently open with R&D.

Incident QCIM2D40878 - SharePoint Integration - Document content results not automatically included in "fixed" searches - documentation needs improving

The description includes:

When adding a HP TRIM Search Results web part to a page and configuring it to run a search such as "title: test", it doesn't automatically also return document content search results even though the integration setting "Include document content in searches" has been enabled. I believe this is by design, however the documentation should be improved to explain that this behaviour only works when using the HP TRIM Search Results web part on a SharePoint search results page for dynamic searches; as opposed to when using it to perform a "fixed" search on any other page.

The documentation currently states:
"Checking the Include document content in searches causes any searches executed using the HP TRIM search web part to include document content as part of the search. The content indexing must be configured in HP TRIM for this to work correctly. If not configured, searches will encounter an error if this setting is checked."

I believe that R&D will likely be amending the documentation to make it clearer that this option does not work for the static search results.

NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

Kapish.com.au
Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
MOSS
Message 5 of 7 (835 Views)

Hi,

Thanks a lot Grundy for sharing detailed information about the behavior which gave me a clear picture of reason behind document content search issue.

Best Regards

Siva

Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
kimonworkbox
Message 6 of 7 (835 Views)

Any further updates on this fix yet?

Thanks for the further information on this Grundy.

I am also keen for any additional information on when this may be fixed.

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Grundy
Message 7 of 7 (835 Views)

Re: Any further updates on this fix yet?

Not sure when it will be fixed and we can't provide that information anyway. :smileysad:

NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

Kapish.com.au
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation