Re: HP TRIM Site Collection Integration settings - Request for Grid failed error (510 Views)
Occasional Advisor
Radeesh
Message 1 of 3 (578 Views)

HP TRIM Site Collection Integration settings - Request for Grid failed error

Hi Guys,

when I try to select default record type in the HP TRIM Site Collection Integration settings page, I get "Request for Grid Failed" error message.

Also I notice after I activate record management feature in the site collection. some of the HP TRIM links are missing in the Site Collection Administration section.

Is there any one seen this error and how did you resolve it. I'm attaching screen shot for you reference.

Advisor
JohnHartley
Message 2 of 3 (542 Views)

Re: HP TRIM Site Collection Integration settings - Request for Grid failed error

Is there anything in the Event logs around the same time?

Advisor
Erik Wold
Message 3 of 3 (510 Views)

Re: HP TRIM Site Collection Integration settings - Request for Grid failed error

Regarding the "request for grid columns failed", this is typically an issue authenticating to TRIM. Depending on whether you have SP with NTLM or Kerberos, the web.config for the site should be updated to Windows (for Kerberos) at the hptrimbinding. Section 4.2 (page 63,64 in the 7.2.1 SPInstall manual).

The other issue could be the bindings you have for the sharepoint site in IIS. If you have more than one (such as the machine name and the url, remove the machine name. If the authentication is correct, it seems to have an issue authentication when there is more than one binding.

If you look in the Windows App event logs, you might find a warning from ASP.NET that "This collection already contains an address with scheme http. There can be at most one address per scheme in this collection."

Removing that binding in IIS resolved it for me.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.