Re: HP TRIM SharePoint integration - two way sync / expose records (570 Views)
Occasional Advisor
lokeshconsultan
Message 1 of 10 (653 Views)

HP TRIM SharePoint integration - two way sync / expose records

Hi,

We have installed and configured the HP TRIM SharePoint integration.

Our understanding is that HP TRIM and SharePoint synchronize both ways? 

When we select Manage Site in SharePoint the files appear in the mapped container in TRIM. When we edit a document in that container in TRIM, the changes are not reflected back into SharePoint.

On another note, when selecting / configuring the 'expose records' option, from a container in TRIM, we are unable to see the records from the container in the SharePoint site /list. 

Any help / suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you... 

Lokesh

Frequent Advisor
venkat_m
Message 2 of 10 (624 Views)

Re: HP TRIM SharePoint integration - two way sync / expose records

Have you enabled the "SharePoint Integration" event processing for updating changes back to SharePoint?

Are you having issues in exposing records manually or thru timer job? Have you ticked the check box "Expose records" at the site level?

Honored Contributor
Grundy
Message 3 of 10 (614 Views)

lokeshconsultan wrote:

When we edit a document in that container in TRIM, the changes are not reflected back into SharePoint.

On another note, when selecting / configuring the 'expose records' option, from a container in TRIM, we are unable to see the records from the container in the SharePoint site /list. 

This sounds like you havn't setup RecordType to ConentType mapping in SharePoint either.

You wont be able to expose anything into SP until you match up TRIM data to SP data.

::::::::::::::::::::::
NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

Kapish.com.au
Occasional Advisor
lokeshconsultan
Message 4 of 10 (598 Views)

Yes we have enabaled sharepoint integration event processing... - via the Enterpruse Studio correct?

I can expose records already contained within a TRIM container, but if I make changes to the record in TRIM, the changes are not reflected back into the SharePoint list / document library. 

I found the following link, I believe we may not have kerberos working properly:

http://www.sharepointassist.com/2011/02/21/configuring-sharepoint-2010-with-kerberos-authentication/

Do we need to configure according to the above link?

Occasional Advisor
lokeshconsultan
Message 5 of 10 (597 Views)

Hi Jon,

Thanks for your reply - as per my other post, do we need to configure according to the following link?

http://www.sharepointassist.com/2011/02/21/configuring-sharepoint-2010-with-kerberos-authentication/

Thanks,

Lokesh

Occasional Advisor
lokeshconsultan
Message 6 of 10 (596 Views)

Yes I have exposed records from a TRIM container. 

If I expose records from within an existing TRIM container, then SharePoint cannot apply the same security access controls correct? I.e. TRIM Security is over-written by SharePoint? 

Lokesh

Honored Contributor
Grundy
Message 7 of 10 (576 Views)

TRIM/SharePoint security isn't shared. Each system has it's own security model.

e.g. a High Security document in TRIM that is 'exposed' in SharePoint will only be restricted based on the SharePoint security for that site/library/document, it doesn't check against TRIM.

NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

Kapish.com.au
Occasional Advisor
lokeshconsultan
Message 8 of 10 (574 Views)

thanks Jon, I gathered that much. 

...as for the link I sent earlier, ( http://www.sharepointassist.com/2011/02/21/configuring-sharepoint-2010-with-kerberos-authentication/ )

...do we need to configure this in order for documents / records to update in SharePoint lists, if they are edited in TRIM? e.g. if I change the title fo a record in TRIM, will it update in SharePoint if I configure the kerberos properly?

Thanks Jon...

Occasional Advisor
lokeshconsultan
Message 9 of 10 (573 Views)

My understanding is that we leave the current TRIM containers and folders as they are in TRIM (let trim manage them, but they are still discoverable via FAST search) and not expose them to SharePoint lists / document libraries, because you lose the security / permissions applied to those records from within TRIM - i.e. we still want TRIM to govern the security.

It would be recommended to create new folders / record types specifically for adding in SharePoint content / records / lists etc ? 

That way we don't have to worry about the 'expose' feature? 

Your thoughts? Thanks guys...

Honored Contributor
Grundy
Message 10 of 10 (570 Views)

The site you are linking to is not something I have seen before in relation to TRIM/SharePoint integration and I cannot comment on its feasibility in getting the integration to work correctly.

You should be following the HP TRIM SharePoint Intergration install and config guides and if you are still getting stuck it would be best if you raise a support case directly with HP so we can go through the issue in detail. (It's normally too complicated to cover everything in a forum post!)

As for your usage case and security concerns, this is up to the individual customer and business requirements, so do whatever works for you.

NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

Kapish.com.au
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.