Re: HP TRIM 7.12 SharePoint 2010 Integration (622 Views)
Frequent Visitor
SoftEx
Message 1 of 7 (692 Views)

HP TRIM 7.12 SharePoint 2010 Integration

[ Edited ]

Hi

I have the following setup:

1 x WFE1

1 x Central Admin CA1

1 x SQL1

1 x Office Apps server

All on SSL

I've installed the workgroup server on both WFE and CA1 and the integration on both both as well. When I click on the HP Trim button to configure the HP Dataset within CA I get "Object reference not set" In which Log files should I be lookin to get more info as the SahrePoint LOGS only give me the same info.

Any other suggestion would be appreciated. 

I did manageto get it to work in DEV which is a single server setup :( , but not in production.

Regards

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Erik Wold
Message 2 of 7 (644 Views)

Re: HP TRIM 7.12 SharePoint 2010 Integration

I would recommend using a ULS viewer to read the SP logs. Download one of the later versions of the SP documentation (7.3x) if you can get your hands on if from the HP Support site. The instructions there may help explain some of the steps to help solve your issue. It also provides a link to the ULS viewer download site. You can also just search for ULS viewer from your favorite search site.

If you are attempting to set the WAIS, and it is not finding it (as per the error), the Web Application feature probably did not activate correctly. As always, make sure all the prerequisites are set for the multiple accounts. Don't spend too much time troubleshooting this error as it may be the case that prerequisites were not in place prior to deploying the solution. You'll want to get it right from the beginning instead of patching it up in the middle.

Also, the SP integration does not need to be installed on both servers, only the CA.

Setting up the integration on 1 server does not let you enjoy all the benefits of making sure authentication works between 2 servers : )

Please use plain text.
Frequent Visitor
SoftEx
Message 3 of 7 (622 Views)

Re-installing everything again worked, but now WAIS is not accepting the username for the TPA.

Is there a log that I can check to see the reason why it fails? I've double checked all the pre-requisites .

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Erik Wold
Message 4 of 7 (612 Views)

Try providing the TPA with the User Rights Assignment of "Allow Log on Locally"  in the Local Security Policy of the WFE and APP servers.

Please use plain text.
Regular Advisor
Owais-Haroon
Message 5 of 7 (599 Views)

Hi

There are few sequence steps to follow,

Prepare the system (usernames and extra as stated in the documentation for the privs.  Enable users as SP FARM and Site Collection Admin as stated in the documentation. Ideally, to the db_owner to installation user.

Please ensure that User Policy - AUthorisation has the installing / configuring user added to the zone.

Install the HP TRIM SharePoint Integration

Reboot - so the dll can be binded correctly.

Deploy the Integeration .wsp  - Immediately do the Reset IIS and restart SP Timer  service

From the Farm  features ensure that HP TRIM Integration is Activated

From the Web Application page click the HP TRIM ribbon button.

Fillin the data and  this time it should pick up - for TPA and user account you need to provide the domain\username

Cheers

Please use plain text.
Frequent Visitor
SoftEx
Message 6 of 7 (582 Views)

Still not, I'm getting the same.

The account details are either not correct or not suitable for this role.

I've double checked all requirements and logged in with the TPA user to confirm access to HP TRIM, SharePoint and the servers.

Are there no other logs that I can look at? Or a log level that I can increase that will give me more insight into the problem?

All your assistance is much appreciated.

Regards

Please use plain text.
Frequent Visitor
SoftEx
Message 7 of 7 (551 Views)

Solved this problem with:

The HP TRIM TPA account MUST be administrator to ALL site collections in the web app, even the automatically created my sites.

I used this script to add the HP TRIM TPA to all the secondaryadministrator site collections

get-SPSite -Limit All|For-EachObject{set-SPSite -Identity $_.Url -SecondaryOwnerAlias domain\HPTrimTPA}

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation