Automatically finalize document with lifetime management in SharePoint integration (615 Views)
Frequent Advisor
Anton de Tombe
Message 1 of 8 (615 Views)

Automatically finalize document with lifetime management in SharePoint integration

I am using SharePoint integration with TRIM 7 on a SharePoint 2010 Enterprise environment. I want to finalize a document in SharePoint automatically (we do not want to use manual way, but automatically declare the document final in TRIM via SharePoint). I can not find a standard TRIM workflow which has that functionality(finalizing). Is there a way to perform this action?

I would like to create declarative workflows with SharePoint Designer for TRIM actions. However there does not seem to be a way to use "TRIM Activities" (e.g. Manage Item, Finalize, Archiving) in SharePoint Designer. Will this functionality be included in future releases?

Regards

Anton

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Grundy
Message 2 of 8 (612 Views)

Re: Automatically finalize document with lifetime management in SharePoint integration

Hi Anton,

This sounds like a good enhancement request.

I suggest sending this through to the HP TRIM Support team, who can then send this through to R&D.

::::::::::::::::::::::
NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

Kapish.com.au
Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
Anton de Tombe
Message 3 of 8 (612 Views)

Re: Automatically finalize document with lifetime management in SharePoint integration

Thanks Grundy for the reply.

I will send an enhancement request.

greetings

Anton de Tombe

Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
Tones
Message 4 of 8 (612 Views)

Anton,

It is great to see other forum users seeing the possibilities of TRIM, SharePoint and workflows. We are currently investigating the use of Nintex in lieu of SharePoint Designer and will keep you posted on developments.

Tones

Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
RM_TRIM
Message 5 of 8 (408 Views)

I was just wondering if anybody has the solution to auto-finalise a TRIM document with the LMO.Some of the options that I have been toying with:

• Create a custom workflow in Visual Studio and call it from a Nintex workflow once document is approved
  • Write a bit of code to auto-finalise documents in a container (configuration file decides which containers to finalise docs) and have it run as a timer job (messy)

I had looked at Anbul technolgies, but the client does not want to install 3rd party add-ons.

Would be interested to know if there is some way to get my hands on the current LMP workflows, so that I can add to it

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Grundy
Message 6 of 8 (404 Views)

I thought the example workflows were all provided when you installed the integration.

The Anbul stuff looked pretty good when I had a play with it at TUF, shame the customer isn't keen on any other 3rd party apps!

NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

Kapish.com.au
Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
RM_TRIM
Message 7 of 8 (402 Views)

Hi Grundy,
I was hoping to get my hands on the code for the LMP workflows to see if I could extend it. Sadly the SharePoint Integration Developers guide is a bit light on content.
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Grundy
Message 8 of 8 (398 Views)

Yeah, if you edit the example Workflow in SP, doesn't it show you the code?

Or is that just some XML/XSLT or something?

(I havn't looked into this too closely!)

NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

Kapish.com.au
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation