Assistance with Troubleshooting WAIS (111 Views)
Occasional Contributor
ChewySeal
Message 1 of 5 (111 Views)

Assistance with Troubleshooting WAIS

I'm working on getting the SP Integration (2010) installed and I'm getting the usual "The account must either have full control" error message when setting the WAIS settings for the web application. I've picked through all the usual suspects, but nothing seems to budge. At this point, we've setup both the TRIMPriv and SPPriv accounts as basically gods on all servers, in TRIM and in SharePoint, but no luck.

There appear to be no errors concerning TRIM in the SharePoint logs. The TRIM Workgroup and Event logs show only normal activity with no errors.

I'm looking for any advice on how best to see what's going on behind the scenes.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
ChewySeal
Message 2 of 5 (97 Views)

Re: Assistance with Troubleshooting WAIS

Apologies, here's the full error message:

The account must either have full control specified in the user policy for this web application, or be a site collection administrator on every site collection in this web application.

Of course we've made sure both accounts have Full Control in SharePoint.

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Grundy
Message 3 of 5 (82 Views)

I've seen this error appear when the solution wasn't deployed correctly and the features weren't activated correctly (even though it all looks successful).

It's annoying how generic some of these errors are, but I would suggest retracting the solution (deactivate all the features first etc), then try re-deploying.

Hopefully you don't break SP too badly in the process. :)

::::::::::::::::::::::
NOT A HP EMPLOYEE
::::::::::::::::::::::

Now working for a TRIM consultancy
Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
Damitha
Message 4 of 5 (48 Views)

I also had this error a couple of times when I set up the integration. Adding the privileged accounts to site collection administrators fixed it. 

Regards,

Damitha Bogahawatta
Principal Consultant
Talent Consulting Services
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
ChewySeal
Message 5 of 5 (36 Views)

Turned out there was a hidden checksum permission which SharePoint was turning off when activating/deploying. The SharePoint admins had to go in manually and fix it via powershell. The details were forwarded on to Support for a fix. While TRIM isn't the root of the issue, the code should probably check to see if this is set before proceeding.

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation