NFS in Serviceguard cluster (178 Views)
Frequent Advisor
A.W.R
Message 1 of 2 (178 Views)

NFS in Serviceguard cluster

Hi,

We are using the latest version of Serviceguard in a 4 node cluster (Node A,B,C,D) on HP-UX 11i v3. 

We have 1 NFS server serivceguard package running on node C that fails over to Node D. Nodes A and B run NFS Client packages.

Is it possible to run the NFS Client package on node D, and in the event of node C failing, failover the NFS server package from node C to node D and shutdown the NFS client package on Node D? We have experienced issues with running both an NFS server and NFS client on the same node.

Any tips appreciated.

Thanks

Andrew

Trusted Contributor
Emil Velez_2
Message 2 of 2 (155 Views)

Re: NFS in Serviceguard cluster

have the nfs package with a higher
riority than the nfs client package. then setup a dependency that the nfs package cannot run on the same node as the nfs client.

thats all
Emil Velez
HP UNIX Certified (CSA, CSE HPUX 11i High Availability) HP Software (Openview) Certified Consultant
Certified HP Instructor, Technical Certified I and II SMB and Enterprise
Master ASE Superdome Solutins

HP Education Services

Ask me about training on Blades, Proliant, HP-UX, ServiceGuard, Polyserve, X9000, Virtual Libraries, and High Availability

internet: Emil.Velez@hp.com
Linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/in/emilvelez

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.