Unable to connect QC from Service Test (401 Views)
Frequent Advisor
Varma80
Message 1 of 3 (401 Views)

Unable to connect QC from Service Test

After installing Patch 6 i am not able to connect QC from Service Test. I got error similar to  “ Could not load file or Assembly...  “ etc. When i searched in the HP support i came to know that  this is a known issue after installing patch 6 for ST and connecting to QC. I unintall Service Test and all the patches and REINTALLED service test and Patch 6 only.

But now i am getting different error like "Failed to login" when i tried to connect to QC from Service test.

Anyone have a success story?

Trusted Contributor
JPMS_1
Message 2 of 3 (385 Views)

Re: Unable to connect QC from Service Test

Hi Varma,

This is a known issue with ST 11 Patch 6, basically the problem was caused by previous patches (3 - 4) who omitted to install some dlls needed on ALM/QC connection. 

In order to solve this problem you need to uninstall all the accumulative patches previously installed and then install only the Service Test Patch 6, this contains all the previous fixes since it's an accumulative patch.

For more information about the known issue please refers to the following knowledge base article:

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM1434255 (HP Service Test 11.20 Error when connecting to ALM after install Patch 6)

Hope this helps to solve the issue.

Juan Pablo MS
HP | Unified Functional Testing Engineer

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Visitor
Malu20
Message 3 of 3 (264 Views)

Re: Unable to connect QC from Service Test

Hi,

Am working in HP service test. Not able to connect QC in HP service Test getting error msg " Failure in C:\Documents and settings\duraisamyma\Local Settings\Temp\Common.ALM-Platform-Loader.msi. view log".

Kindly provide me the solution for the same.

Thanks,

Malathi.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.